3 abreast

MonsterMan

Just a quick moan for the day.... Not going to mention names, you know who you are. Seriously guys, riding 3 abreast, sometimes 4 on a already single lane road. All this does is make motorist irritated and making some do stupid things on the road. Making ALL of us cyclist look bad. Come on man we can do better than this..... Oh and before most moan. Photo was taken from a cyclist himself and not while sitting in a car

post-11677-0-89048100-1573381923_thumb.jpg

Edited by MonsterMan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadies know better and will wheelsuck, therefore must be mountainbikers... all of them.

no way, cant be .... they have an alibi ... the "three-abreast-MTB-gang" were doing their thing on St John Road (next to Durbanville horse track) this morning just before 7:00 .... as if their MTB's would get dirty if they used the gravel shoulder next to the road ....

Making ALL of us cyclist look bad. Come on man we can do better than this.....

Agree 100% ... some should really consider another hobby if they they can't conform to basic rules.

Yesterday we were behind a group which basically went through every red light between Rondebosch and the Waterfront.

Wished they would get away so that we didn't have to observe it any longer, but even with stopping, we kept catching up to them again.

If that was taken by a cyclist, then he himself was riding somewhere in the middle of the road...

Well observed, you must clearly have been one of those in the wrong!

It would be a gross miscarriage of mob justice if they are not called out for their poor sock game.... Shocking really. Sock it too them

statistically they are riding two abreast and the right hand group is overtaking the left which the law allows for...

But seriously... Those socks :shocked:

Edited by DieselnDust

no way, cant be .... they have an alibi ... the "three-abreast-MTB-gang" were doing their thing on St John Road (next to Durbanville horse track) this morning just before 7:00 .... as if their MTB's would get dirty if they used the gravel shoulder next to the road ....

irks me every time i go down that road in a car and see supposed mtb'rs scared of the 1m+ gravel shoulder, riding on the road with their R100k bikes obscuring traffic. And it's such a nice shoulder to ride on leka fast...

Edited by morneS555

Oh my, wait till the chappies owners arrive.

It’s simple, don’t ride like chops, meat is so last year in anycase.

You don’t need to name or shame them, those shirts are on the podium at the DC often.

Edited by Patchelicious