Broduro timing solution needed

nox1111

Hey guys,

I am looking for an app or solution to time buddies doing a fun enduro. Un-offical enduro event.

My ideal solution would be a real-time stopwatch over two or more devices that can start/stop from two different phones. So guy at the top hits start button, and then the timer at the bottom hits the stop button.

If this system could store each rider's time, that would be even better - and if it could accumulate, order and save overall times to names or number of users that would be off the charts fantastic.

Anyone know of a solution like this?

Hey guys,

I am looking for an app or solution to time buddies doing a fun enduro. Un-offical enduro event.

My ideal solution would be a real-time stopwatch over two or more devices that can start/stop from two different phones. So guy at the top hits start button, and then the timer at the bottom hits the stop button.

If this system could store each rider's time, that would be even better - and if it could accumulate, order and save overall times to names or number of users that would be off the charts fantastic.

Pieter Henning built an Android app that iRide guys hlused for the first Ezelduro.

I think it is called Enduro Timer or something like that, I've been on iffingy for far too long to remember the details.

Pieter Henning built an Android app that iRide guys hlused for the first Ezelduro.

I think it is called Enduro Timer or something like that, I've been on iffingy for far too long to remember the details.

Its called mini enduro timer in android store, there is also race timer and event management and rally checkpoint clock

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Dan has also said on another thread that he can rent out 2 pods and watches to run "events" like this.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Hi there! 

Why not use Strava? We've build a range of solutions based on the Strava API. As long as all participants have a device to record their times and upload these to Strava you have a solution.

If there is enough interest in running something like this, we;ll happily adapt what we've written to accommodate this type of friendly competition. 

Have a look at https://hero.uwekoetter.com/results for an example. It is relatively easy to combine entries into teams.

Hi there!

Why not use Strava? We've build a range of solutions based on the Strava API. As long as all participants have a device to record their times and upload these to Strava you have a solution.

If there is enough interest in running something like this, we;ll happily adapt what we've written to accommodate this type of friendly competition.

Have a look at https://hero.uwekoetter.com/results for an example. It is relatively easy to combine entries into teams.

From my experience using Strava segments is about as accurate as counting in your head. The one day you come a bit too close to the start of the segment and it starts before you actually start the segment, the next day it starts when you are halfway down already.

It's okay for longer segments, but for Enduro style races/segments it's not accurate enough - you need something where you can tag in or press start/stop on a timer.

Also very dependent on the device you are using and how often in pings the satellite.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Yup, Strava is fun but its about as accurate as counting in your head. On my last couple of rides Ive had massive speed overreads and dodgy times...