KickR Core with NX Eagle Cassette Issue

Stupak

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a KickR Core (or 4) with an NX eagle cassette?

I opted for the NX eagle cassette as it can be mounted to the Shimano free hub that comes with the KickR.

However, when I mount my bike to the trainer (my bike normally is set with XX1 groupset / XD freehub Etc) the indexing is WAY off. The end points is off too and the chain can easily come off of the 11 tooth cog.

Is there something I’m missing as I don’t want to index and change end points each time it’s mounted to the trainer. Also don’t really want to change the trainer to XD hub and applicable Cassette.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a KickR Core (or 4) with an NX eagle cassette?

I opted for the NX eagle cassette as it can be mounted to the Shimano free hub that comes with the KickR.

However, when I mount my bike to the trainer (my bike normally is set with XX1 groupset / XD freehub Etc) the indexing is WAY off. The end points is off too and the chain can easily come off of the 11 tooth cog.

Is there something I’m missing as I don’t want to index and change end points each time it’s mounted to the trainer. Also don’t really want to change the trainer to XD hub and applicable Cassette.

Thanks.

I'm guessing that the cassette is positioned too far inboard, i.e too close to the flywheel?

You could try a spacer if that's the case

The spacing on the two drivers is different. You'll need to figure out in which direction, and then see if a spacer can solve your problem. Be careful though - too far outboard and you won't have enough engagement between the 11t and the driver which can strip the driver.

On second thought, I've got a 3rd Gen Kickr and after upgrading my group set to Eagle, I also put on an NX Cassette (apparently it's required).

I found that the same thing was happening to me but as I use the trainer in ERG mode, I just leave it in one gear and don't change up or down n let the trainer do the work. 

I opted to have my bike dialed in as opposed to trying to fiddle with the trainer. 

Hey Guys, 

If you have an XD freehub on your bike, we do have XD freehub units designed for the Kickr4 or Core. This means you'll be able to use your current 12 speed Eagle groupset on your bike, on your trainer.

In case you use an NX cassette on the Shimano freehub that comes with the trainer, it should do the trick. If not, please contact us by creating a ticket on our support page

https://www.ikhambi.co.za/support-request 

Cheers 
Your local Wahooligan 

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses  :) 

That 1.8mm spacer did the trick. Took the cassette off, added it, and boom it works perfectly. No adjustment required when switching between the Kickr and my Wheel :clap: All gears working flawlessly.

Seems that contrary to everything on the internet if you add a 12 speed NX eagle cassette to the stock Shimano free hub on the Kickr you need to add that spacer.

Thanks again :D

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses  :) 

That 1.8mm spacer did the trick. Took the cassette off, added it, and boom it works perfectly. No adjustment required when switching between the Kickr and my Wheel :clap: All gears working flawlessly.

Seems that contrary to everything on the internet if you add a 12 speed NX eagle cassette to the stock Shimano free hub on the Kickr you need to add that spacer.

Thanks again :D

The internet is largely wrong.

Just as a point of reference.