Titan Plus Elite

TyronLab

Hi all.

My current bike (2015 Silverback Sola 4) is at a stage where it needs a lot of maintenance (fork service, new drivetrain, new tyres, BB service/replacement), and some upgrades. I'd love to have a dropper, wider bars / shorter stem, and be able to fit 2.4/2.6 tyres but my frame is limiting (no routing for dropper, frame can't accommodate wider than 2.2 tyres).

Bike Addict is currently running a special on the Titan Plus Elite for a bargain. Sure, it has a coil fork, but at this stage I could sell my bike and buy that one for less money than the drivetrain change alone is going to cost me. It already has a dropper, wider bars, and clearance for larger tyres.

I ride 70% road due to training at the moment, but generally split 50/50 between road and off road. For a breakdown of my riding see this thread: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179829-the-comfort-conundrum/

So, since I can't find any reviews on this bike, is it worth it? Seems to tick my boxes mostly, and the fork can be upgraded at a later stage. 

Because it is a 2018 Model it seems to be going for a very good price!    If 20" is your size and if it ticks the boxes then you know you want it! 

That SLX 2 x 11 will give you good service  -  I say do it!

I recently bought a nicely discounted  new 2018  bike from Bike-Addict and it was such a good decision and I am not looking back.

Plus Elite, or Drone Elite?

Plus Elite. The 27.5 HT plus bike. Its a bit of a gamble, but I'm not remortgaging the house to do it so if I end up not liking it I'm not stuck to it forever.

And judging by the specs there's a lot to like about it.