Over night MTB routes

Schmorglebot

I'm wanting to arrange a little overnight MTB ride with some mates next year when summer has lost it's sting. I'm thinking a lot of climbing on day 1, fire hut or the like overnight, have a braai, have a sleep, then head back to the starting point in the morning. 

Ideally I'd like to have stuff like sleeping bags, good, cooking stuff etc. delivered to the sleep over point.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in Somerset West so near there would be great, but it's not a deal breaker

Rivierplaas Campsite

I have stayed there. Place is awesome. Not sure what sort of distance you want to cover. I did a night there while out touring. 

Thanks! I'll put it on the list

Did a trip a few years ago starting from Jamaka campsite. Headed towards Clanwilliam. Up Pakhuis Pass. At the top headed right towards the small settlements of Eselbank, Heuningvlei etc. Stayed over at a local subsistence rooibos farmer who has a bed and breakfast. Next day carried on and completed the loop back to Jamaka. 70km first day 85km second day. Awesome trip in truly remote area. Not to be done in summer though.

Cool thread, this is something id also like to do, starting in Brackenshire (read Brackenfell) and then heading somewhere inland of course. Apparently out towards Swellendam theres lots of places to dos along the route. Will be following to see how this progresses ????

Edited by gemmerbal

Well just in the other side of the mountains from Somerset West there is Trails End in Grabouw, and a myriad of other accommodation and trail options around.

We did it sort of the other way around. Drove out to Helderstroom, left a car on a friend's farm, rode to Trail's End, and rode back via a different road the next day.

Or go out towards Stellies, over helshoogte towards Franschhoek and then sleep in The Banhoek Valley/Pniel somewhere and come back the next day.

These are all great sounding options, thank you. 

I'll probably only do this early next year so keep the suggestions coming!