[Event] Coronation Double Century 2019

DieselnDust

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite surprised with the lack of training most people are doing for this event! Around ten of my mates, all riding in different teams are doing this and doesn't look to phased about it.. some of them last sat on a saddle at Trans Baviaans, some did a few spin classes the last month or so, and the rest did their first sunday cruise in months this past weekend. The one guy at our office told me this morning that their aiming for 9 hours after this weekends first team ride! The only mate actually training for this is riding with Team Pure Savage..no surprises there I guess.

Which team is he in, some of the teams you need to be more worried about the fines evening than the race!

This event is just such a vibe, yes there are now 2 pauses in the middle but this should just make the times faster, wish it made it easier. 

Interesting to see the PPA will be running the event in the future.

Nice - first time I get to start in a team at the sharper end of the field. 

same 

having done quite a few previously with not so racey teams, really looking forward to this 1!

This event is just such a vibe, yes there are now 2 pauses in the middle but this should just make the times faster, wish it made it easier. 

Interesting to see the PPA will be running the event in the future.

Its actually always been the PPA anyway. Coronation was just the sponsor. New Sponsor negotiation is happening. I suppose they will announce something closer to entries opening for 2020.

Its actually always been the PPA anyway. Coronation was just the sponsor. New Sponsor negotiation is happening. I suppose they will announce something closer to entries opening for 2020.

The cycle tour trust organised the event. It has always been "owned" by the PPA event, just run my the cycle tour trust. Now the PPA will organize and run the event. Like the one tonner and Sportif's and Medihelp Stell cycle tour.

Edited by Pure Savage

The cycle tour trust organised the event. It has always been "owned" by the PPA event, just run my the cycle tour trust. Now the PPA will organize and run the event. Like the one tonner and Sportif's and Medihelp Stell cycle tour.

Stellenbosch Cycle tour also used to be run by the Cycle Tour Trust, this year is the first time it's organised by PPA. I wonder what the reasoning is for the changes