Westville / Moseley build-a-trail

drbrett

Anyone with the appropriate skillset interested in building a fun trail in the Dawncliffe / moseley area?

I'm in Carlton Ave, Dawncliffe and there is an access trail at the bottom of my road into the "conservancy". I've ridden it once or twice and hiked it with my dogs today. As is it's about a 1.5km downhill run to the umbilo river with a lot of potential. A fair portion is jeep track and then it becomes single. It would be pretty easy to build into a pretty fun Enduro style descent. There is a whole lots space there to do some pretty cool sections.

Anyone ridden it before? You can cross the umbilo river at the bottom and end up at the Queensburgh caravan park...

100%

Just wanted to see if anyone was keen first.

You can still bomb it as is but a couple little tweaks would make it epic and if we could get permission there is just heaps of potential in there

• 9 months later...

HI drbrett, it's a while since you made the original post and was wondering if your idea went any further, I think it would be a good idea... 

If the idea hasn't taken hold it might be worth resurrecting. We could start with getting a bunch of W/ville MTBers to get support and help? 

• 4 months later...

Anyone done any further research. Can we make Enduro loops through Roisfontein? Will bring a lot more life to Queensburgh.