[Event] Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour 2020

Ninetyniner Durbanville

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when will the seedings be released?

Also noticed it don't reflect on racetec once released

Last time I did the race we got the mail & sms on Wednesday

Kenilworth Race Course Rosmead Ave, Kenilworth Thursday 06 February 2020 16:00 - 19:00

Durbanville Race Course Bowlers Ave, Durbanville Friday 07 February 2020 16:00 - 19:00

Durbanville Race Course Bowlers Ave, Durbanville Saturday 8 February 2020 05:00 - 08:00

Kenilworth Race Course Rosmead Ave, Kenilworth Thursday 06 February 2020 16:00 - 19:00
Durbanville Race Course Bowlers Ave, Durbanville Friday 07 February 2020 16:00 - 19:00
Durbanville Race Course Bowlers Ave, Durbanville Saturday 8 February 2020 05:00 - 08:00

Thanks!!

Don't knock it... I've been glad to have one of those sachets in my camelbak when mountain biking more than once...

You mean to say no token water bottle or sachet of Squirt bum cream?

went past the piece of the N7 that's part of the race route and the roadworks are still going there with one lane closed to traffic.  sent an enquiry to the 99er organisers and I got a very quick response:

Hi,

we’ve been in constant communication over the last week with the Western Cape Roads department, National Traffic as well as the contractor himself. Our first priority is to look after the cyclists safety. 

We have further calls scheduled this afternoon with the authorities where we should know more. Further communication regarding the N7 will follow soon to all entrants.

Anyone know if there has been an update on this?

Just heard, no N7, no Vissers climb.. turn back on Adderley M58, and across to Odendaal rd

Edited by shade

Just heard, no N7, no Vissers climb.. turn back on Adderley M58, and across to Odendaal rd

That is a real shame, how much shorter does that make the route?  or are they thinking of adding some around Perdeberg to make it a bit longer?

What? No Vissershok? That's the defining feature of the event

What? No Vissershok? That's the defining feature of the event

I dont think it's no Vissers, Perhaps maybe just not the 1st drag up to the 4way, So maybe left from Adderley over Vissers?

Yip, pass the familiar Adderley sprint finalè, then a technical twisty dip into the D Vale neighbourhood with 3 circles and a few speed bumps with a small kicker up towards Vissershok road, 1 km out to the white chalk

Gonna be a bit crazy

Be careful ⚠️