Military Equipment Supplied to the US

River Rat

This one's for Hairy.

This is the military equipment the company I worked for supplied to the US Military for use in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are over two thousand in theater of which I only know of 2 that have been scrapped when I left the company in 2015 the count was over 7000 hits (explosions) with 3 fatalities. Those of my vintage that served in the SADF will know this vehicle as the Meerkat but we developed the IP considerably since then.

Edited by River Rat

Before the Meerkat there was the Spinnekop? 

Did the Meerkat evolve from there? 

If I remember correctly the Spinnekop was a modified grader whilst the Meerkat was a bespoke design, but I guess you could argue that it was a derivative of the Spinnekop. There were a lot of "maak n plan" designs in those days.

If I remember correctly the Spinnekop was a modified grader whilst the Meerkat was a bespoke design, but I guess you could argue that it was a derivative of the Spinnekop. There were a lot of "maak n plan" designs in those days.

That is true

And the father of them all was the Pookie? Developed in mid 70's N of the Limpopo and lots of those designs for mineproof vehicles came south.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pookie_(vehicle)

post-41145-0-56296000-1574171763_thumb.jpg