Preview: New Bike Hub test site is live

Matt

Having had a quick look around, a few things stand out:

1) Categories really don't work. The previous version was excellent, quick and easy to navigate - why change it? I don't get the blurring of categories - the only real blurring is gravel, which could have it's own category?

2) Advert pictures are too large - scrolling down the page is now a mission.

3) Too few ads on a single page.

4) The bike specification part of the ads is hard to read with the part type and part spec one above the other (rather than side by side).

I'm sure there are some improvements, but I'll have to spend some more time to find them...

As things stand, I'm with a previous poster - my bank account will be happy because I'll spend a lot less time browsing the classifieds.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

My two cents, the lay out looks nice but my small criticism from using the site for a few hours now.

1. I can't seem to search under a specific discipline, yesterday there were 10 + Downhill bikes for sale, today the word downhill returns 2 adds for a  1 trance x and a glory, where did they go?

2. Same as above but regarding frames, its even worse I can't even filter by a specific style, so if i want a dual sus downhill or hard tail dirt jump bike I have to go through everything.

3. Having to constant click apply when I am at the bottom of a list, i want to click on mountain bike then frames then what ever and see the adds, there after I can filter and see what is available.

4. The search feature feels like I am on Gumtree, giving me everything under a specific word.

5.The page navigation is odd I miss the jump to  specific page or go to the last of first page buttons.

6. I can't see how many pages there are in total.

7. Pictures to big

8. In short the old site was excellent and even newcomers could get around, the new site no, unless you know the industry and what to search and how its spelt good luck.

On the face of it it looks nice but I preferred the older style was easy to navigate easy to jump and easy to find stuff, it feels like everything is blurred and together maybe I will get used to it, maybe not.

Edited by Mecnic

A Home button please.

The moment you select riding style - marathon cross country , all the bikes disappear.

HI

My two cents, the lay out looks nice but my small criticism from using the site for a few hours now.

1. I can't seem to search under a specific discipline, yesterday there were 10 + Downhill bikes for sale, today the word downhill returns 2 adds for a  1 trance x and a glory, where did they go?

2. Same as above but regarding frames, its even worse I can't even filter by a specific style, so if i want a dual sus downhill or hard tail dirt jump bike I have to go through everything.

Good feedback, thanks.

On your first two points, this will get better as new adverts are placed. Going forward Sellers will selected whether the bike is 1) Marathon/Cross-Country, 2) Trail/Enduro or 3) Downhill. We haven't retrospectively sorted adverts in this way.

If you're regularly doing a specific search, we're hoping that the Saved Search feature will make that easier.

A Home button please.

The moment you select riding style - marathon cross country , all the bikes disappear.

Clicking / tapping the Bike Hub logo will take you home. Is that what you're referring to?

The riding style filters (and many of the other new filters) will return limited to no results initially. As new ads are posted where this data is provided, or current adverts are updated, those filters will become far more useful.

Not loving the new layout but probably something to get used to but my 2c none the less... it has become quite cumbersome to get around, I liked being able to hover over items previously and the various categories in each coming up now you have to click the whole time and if you have the wrong category you have to go back and forth all the time.

I also liked to be able to click on the post count and always taken to the last page in a topic. Now it always just opens where I left off. Some topics I like to just check the latest and read a bit backwards if I feel like it.

I also liked to be able to click on the post count and always taken to the last page in a topic. Now it always just opens where I left off. Some topics I like to just check the latest and read a bit backwards if I feel like it.

Some quick feedback on this point - you can click on the avatar of the latest poster to go to the last post. Clicking on the topic title will take you to the last unread post.

Eish  the new site is not treating me well.  Run IE as browser.

Chronologic experience:

- Homepage asks for a login, but the login page is kinda blank with nowhere to log in.

- Back to homepage

- Click on forums, and suddenly with a bit of a fiddle, I am logged in and I can see the forum posts.  And

can reply to this thread.

- Click back on buy and sell, and suddenly I am logged out again.

- I can select the categories, but none of the ads are showing.

Please help????

Eish  the new site is not treating me well.  Run IE as browser.

Chronologic experience:

- Homepage asks for a login, but the login page is kinda blank with nowhere to log in.

- Back to homepage

- Click on forums, and suddenly with a bit of a fiddle, I am logged in and I can see the forum posts.  And

can reply to this thread.

- Click back on buy and sell, and suddenly I am logged out again.

- I can select the categories, but none of the ads are showing.

Please help????

Unfortunately some versions of Internet Explorer seem to be a problem with the new site. Are you able to use another browser?

With regards to logins, the forum platform and new site will require separate login (for now), but your details remain the same across both.

I don't have a problem with the pictures being big but an option to change the number of ads on a  page would be nice.

At this stage there's about 10 ads and then you have to move to the next page.

Matt, you have to put a button to go back to the 1st page !!!

Showing the amount of pages will also be great but that button to first page is more important.

The mobile version isn't great.... I preferred the clean, simple setup of the old site. The new one is cluttered and minimises the chats too much, doesn't show the last commenter.

It honestly feels like you're pumping the classifieds portion of the site rather than the chat... And I'm sure that's your biggest driver of new users, unique visitors, etc, which is the thing going to drive your ad rev, but it loses the spirit of the site which is what drew me in and kept me here...

Yeah, have to say I don't like new classifieds and the whole blurring of the categories.  Before, if I wanted to look for e.g. a road chainring, I could just hover over the classifieds tab, drop down menus would pop up and I could select "chainrings" under the road bike / components tab and be looking at relevant items with 1 mouse click...

Now I have to go to view all categoies (1 click) -> chainrings (1 click) [brings up a list with dozens of MTB chainrings which are completely irrelevant to me...] then scroll down to find "select disclipline" and click on the "road" filter....

All very cumbersome, but maybe I need to play around with it more.

I realise a number of components apply across disciplines, but adding layers to find exactly what you are looking for (when it was so simple before) is not great...

Also, not sure if its my browser (MS Edge) but all the classified pictures are "strectched" and distorted.

The mobile version isn't great.... I preferred the clean, simple setup of the old site. The new one is cluttered and minimises the chats too much, doesn't show the last commenter.

It honestly feels like you're pumping the classifieds portion of the site rather than the chat... And I'm sure that's your biggest driver of new users, unique visitors, etc, which is the thing going to drive your ad rev, but it loses the spirit of the site which is what drew me in and kept me here...

Agreed...Took me a while to find the forums I was after.. But then I rarely go on the web or the mobile version and instead use Tapatalk

Yeah, have to say I don't like new classifieds and the whole blurring of the categories.  Before, if I wanted to look for e.g. a road chainring, I could just hover over the classifieds tab, drop down menus would pop up and I could select "chainrings" under the road bike / components tab and be looking at relevant items with 1 mouse click...

Now I have to go to view all categoies (1 click) -> chainrings (1 click) [brings up a list with dozens of MTB chainrings which are completely irrelevant to me...] then scroll down to find "select disclipline" and click on the "road" filter....

All very cumbersome, but maybe I need to play around with it more.

I realise a number of components apply across disciplines, but adding layers to find exactly what you are looking for (when it was so simple before) is not great...

Also, not sure if its my browser (MS Edge) but all the classified pictures are "strectched" and distorted.

Thanks for the feedback (and to others who've provided similar).

For components in particular we do understand that the current navigation might be cumbersome to get to the desired filtering. As a data structure we're confident the new format is an improvement, but we are looking at options to refine the navigation.

MS Edge should work without issues. Could you please share a screenshot with us via support@bikehub.co.za ?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the feedback (and to others who've provided similar).

For components in particular we do understand that the current navigation might be cumbersome to get to the desired filtering. As a data structure we're confident the new format is an improvement, but we are looking at options to refine the navigation.

MS Edge should work without issues. Could you please share a screenshot with us via support@bikehub.co.za ?

Thanks,

Matt

Will do Matt.  

FYI I like the rest of the classifications - just components are a bit cumbersome.

Looks very nice and works perfect on my lap top but for some weird reason I can no longer access the mobile version on my phone now?