Bike Spraypainting - where?

Lance Notstrong

Hi 

This question pops up every now and then but just to check again...

Any bike spray painters out there that can be recommend?

I am aware of the two "big ones" with the websites etc. and I may well end up using one of them. Before I do I just want to check if I'm not missing an undiscovered gem out there somewhere. 

I have at least 3 steel frames that needs new paint.

Any advice or recommendations appreciated!

BTW, I'm in Gauteng..

Thanks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 

This question pops up every now and then but just to check again...

Any bike spray painters out there that can be recommend?

I am aware of the two "big ones" with the websites etc. and I may well end up using one of them. Before I do I just want to check if I'm not missing an undiscovered gem out there somewhere. 

I have at least 3 steel frames that needs new paint.

Any advice or recommendations appreciated!

BTW, I'm in Gauteng..

Thanks.

Ship your frames to Bogus, you won't be sorry!

Where do you live Lance ?

In the Western Cape we have at least three known options.

1) Carbon Bike Repairs Durbanville - https://www.carbonbicyclerepairs.co.za/

VERY happy with the work they did for us !!  PROMPT replies to correspondence.  2 to 3 week waiting period to get your job done.  complexity of the project determines project time, often 1 week.  What I appreciated was the option to drive in, show them the bike, speak to people, and get a quote.  Did I mention how happy we are with the quality of their work.   :clap:

2) Bogus .... long thread on the Hub about his art.  :drool:   Some truly amazing artwork !!  Sadly never got past the quote phase with him .... would not meet in person to discuss the project, even though I drive past him to get to CBR ....  :wacko:

3) gent in Cape Town .... darned if I can remember his details now.  

Where do you live Lance ?

In the Western Cape we have at least three known options.

1) Carbon Bike Repairs Durbanville - https://www.carbonbicyclerepairs.co.za/

VERY happy with the work they did for us !!  PROMPT replies to correspondence.  2 to 3 week waiting period to get your job done.  complexity of the project determines project time, often 1 week.  What I appreciated was the option to drive in, show them the bike, speak to people, and get a quote.  Did I mention how happy we are with the quality of their work.   :clap:

2) Bogus .... long thread on the Hub about his art.  :drool:   Some truly amazing artwork !!  Sadly never got past the quote phase with him .... would not meet in person to discuss the project, even though I drive past him to get to CBR ....  :wacko:

3) gent in Cape Town .... darned if I can remember his details now.  

He said GP 

Thanks everyone.

It seems that the cycle "artisan" trade is definitely more active in CT than it is in GP.

I'm also thinking of the steel frame builders who are all in Cape Town as far as I'm aware (albeit that there are probably only a couple there as well...)

Anyway, I used a panel beater previously who did a very good job at a very reasonable price. Sadly I found out today that he passed away. 

As mentioned I'm not averse to using cycle-art of cycledelic.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing someone. :-)

Thnx again.

I think the cost is an issue with many guys. I also had to opt for panelbeater mates just to make it affordable.

There is also a Carbon Bike Repair shop in Joburg - https://carbonbikerepair.co.za/wp/

maybe some Hubbers can comment on their products ....

Will never support them again!!! Their excessive pricing makes me sick, do yourself a favour and compare a quote between them and bogus which is the best if you dont believe me!

There is a guy in Durban who powder coats frames, one colour. Saw one frame that was done and it looked very neat, he is quite cheap. PM me if you interested. He also sandblasts the frame first.

Edited by Martin PJ

Will never support them again!!! Their excessive pricing makes me sick, do yourself a favour and compare a quote between them and bogus which is the best if you dont believe me!

are you referring to the Joburg guys? Cause I have used CBR Durbanville a couple of times and not only was the price and work always good the turnaround time was excellent!