Bike Spraypainting - where?

Lance Notstrong

In KZN we have Andrew at AH Designs in Pinetown.

Awesome attention to detail, does carbon repairs, paintwork, airbrushing and restoration to vintage and modern frames, all at a reasonable price.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will never support them again!!! Their excessive pricing makes me sick, do yourself a favour and compare a quote between them and bogus which is the best if you dont believe me!

Wow !!

And Bogus was almost double the price of CBR Durbanville - on the exact same project.

On these threads I always provide the three names for the guys in the Western Cape, and yet my recommendation is always CBR DURBANVILLE  :thumbup:   :clap:

Of the 3 Cape Town based paint magicians, I think that they are all extremely good and that there is not much to choose between them when it comes to the quality of their work. What makes their work extraordinary is the design part that happens before the actual painting. Each of the 3 tend to do their most outstanding work when in collaboration with a designer. Whether that is you telling them to do your idea, or letting their own right hand man or woman do it, does not matter. (Jareds wife Mel does the graphic design. Bogus used to work with artist Hasie and bike freak Crow. Carbon Bike Repairs work the same way.) It is not a cheap process and it takes time, all of which adds to the cost. Intricate designs, multi-colour frames with special effects and no logo stickers make for many hours of masking, painting, sanding, starting from scratch if something looks wrong. That is what these guys do. Having a panelbeater sandblast a bike frame and painting it one solid colour is not what these people do, and shouldn't be compared.

Edited by DJR

Wow !!

And Bogus was almost double the price of CBR Durbanville - on the exact same project.

On these threads I always provide the three names for the guys in the Western Cape, and yet my recommendation is always CBR DURBANVILLE :thumbup: :clap:

Specifically referring to the guys in Joburg.

just to get an idea, what is the average cost for a basic respray? the bike took some serious damage at K2C where sand managed to make its way under the strap in transit and part of the frame are sand papered...

just to get an idea, what is the average cost for a basic respray? the bike took some serious damage at K2C where sand managed to make its way under the strap in transit and part of the frame are sand papered...

It really depends on the bike and the detail - I have had too many done from 2500 to I won’t publicly admit

Edited by Waynemol

Annette at Cycledelic in Benoni is brilliant.  I've had some really intricate paintwork done - my brother even had her do a respray on his compound bow which required serious hours.  Cannot fault her work and would give my frame to her in a heartbeat.

http://cycledelic.co.za/2019/

Little known in Gauteng, but does good work is Ashley Shamrock - Shamrock paint works

Call Sprocket and Jack and ask for Ashley.

Of the 3 Cape Town based paint magicians, I think that they are all extremely good and that there is not much to choose between them when it comes to the quality of their work. What makes their work extraordinary is the design part that happens before the actual painting. Each of the 3 tend to do their most outstanding work when in collaboration with a designer. Whether that is you telling them to do your idea, or letting their own right hand man or woman do it, does not matter. (Jareds wife Mel does the graphic design. Bogus used to work with artist Hasie and bike freak Crow. Carbon Bike Repairs work the same way.) It is not a cheap process and it takes time, all of which adds to the cost. Intricate designs, multi-colour frames with special effects and no logo stickers make for many hours of masking, painting, sanding, starting from scratch if something looks wrong. That is what these guys do. Having a panelbeater sandblast a bike frame and painting it one solid colour is not what these people do, and shouldn't be compared.

well said !!

With the green bike we wanted "a metalic green bike, incorporating the SA flag" .... with that we let CBR do their thing ....

They sprayed the colours onto the downtube .... MAN !!  That must have been some serious man hours to do each colur, let it dry, mask, next colour, let it dry, and again and again ....

Then they surprized us with custom stickers with our names, and the SA flag.  For BOTH Maritz's green bike, as well as a set for my bike.

The hours and the attention to detail is just impressive !!!!

CBR has a "basic price list" on their wall .... but it is just a guide, as most jobs are custom ....

some "repairs" was less than R2k.  And then the price climbs and climbs as you want more and more ....

This cost us about R 2 500 

post-110956-0-05910400-1574352260_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-09434300-1574352287_thumb.jpg

NO, the photos dont do it justice.  Serious amount of labour hours, and an excellent job !!

Carbon bike repair Centurion/Joburg quoted me 23k for a small carbon repair job and paint job limited to 3 colors. Bogus charged me 5k. Faken Arseholes. So happy I went with bogus

CBR has a "basic price list" on their wall .... but it is just a guide, as most jobs are custom ....

some "repairs" was less than R2k. And then the price climbs and climbs as you want more and more ....

This cost us about R 2 500

Mongoose revamp-153.jpg

Mongoose revamp-234.jpg

NO, the photos dont do it justice. Serious amount of labour hours, and an excellent job !!

No offense dude but thats just a plain pale not good looking green. Cost for that paint is 100ZAR. Labour is no more than one hour on that. Hope you took some Vaseline. Bogus put real gold on my bike for R2500.

No offense dude but thats just a plain pale not good looking green. Cost for that paint is 100ZAR. Labour is no more than one hour on that. Hope you took some Vaseline. Bogus put real gold on my bike for R2500.

Clearly you missed the most important part of my reply - NO, the photos dont do it justice.

It is a very nice metalic job.  Yes, looking at the green only, it seems like a simple project.

The flag was painted in one colour at a time.  If you think that is one hours labour ...

Custom stickers for the shocks, as well as custom stickers for Maritz.

They gave us what we wanted.  A nice clean finish, with a subtle touch of detail.  

We are VERY happy with the quality and the end result, and the price.