ISIS BB REBUILD

Mecnic

Hi Guys

After many months of trial and error I have managed to successfully dismantle and re assemble ISIS Drive Bottom Brackets.

I have managed to find the bearings as well and can source globally, the only issue is the bearings are rather expensive as it is a very odd size.

Is there a market for a rebuild as ISIS is getting more and more difficult to find especially odd axle lengths and of course the 83mm shell for that old DH Project.

Let me know your thought maybe I will put together a manual on how its done.

I did my own Isis rebuild many years ago with some ceramic bearings I bought from Boca Bearings in USA. The rebuild process was something like this.

Step 1 - take everything to Cyclesphere.

Step 2 - fetch complete bike the next day.

It didn't work too well, after a while there was a lot of play in the crank. I think it was the bearing race quality, not so the actual concept, which I believe is sound.

Consigned to the dustbin of history where it belongs.

True but sometimes period correct is the only option.

True but sometimes period correct is the only option.

Also true. 

Forgot to respond to your original post though - what size is the bearing? I have a few local suppliers of weird sizes, maybe one of them has something.

Also true. 

Forgot to respond to your original post though - what size is the bearing? I have a few local suppliers of weird sizes, maybe one of them has something.

Hi

the bearing is MR 21531 (ID 21.5mm OD 31.0MM WIDTH 7mm)

Hi

the bearing is MR 21531 (ID 21.5mm OD 31.0MM WIDTH 7mm)

Rush stock them. Retail is about R 150 a bearing.