Paarl Rotary

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good observation, sunrise is at precisely 6:05am tomorrow  :D

Visibility should be totally fine at 6am flat though

I'm not going to claim it was my observation in case the guy reads this but if he doesn't then thanks I'll take it  :whistling:

Anyone starting at 6am because AL start group starts at 6:05, just trying to establish if their is another group ahead of us like Tandems or Elites or have they shifted the start time back to accommodate sunrise? 

It is a tandem group, so we will catch them 6:07... 

careful on how you drive in. no access to fairview from N1 eastbound, you need to get onto the R101 either from paarl side or klapmuts. think there going to be a pile of pissed off people at R44/suidagterpaarl road

• Cyclists will take off in a northerly direction from the entrance of Fairview (this section of road will only allow for north-bound traffic on race day).
  • Participants coming from Wellington will have to travel via Paarl or via Klapmuts (R44) to reach Fairview.

careful on how you drive in. no access to fairview from N1 eastbound, you need to get onto the R101 either from paarl side or klapmuts. think there going to be a pile of pissed off people at R44/suidagterpaarl road

• Cyclists will take off in a northerly direction from the entrance of Fairview (this section of road will only allow for north-bound traffic on race day).
  • Participants coming from Wellington will have to travel via Paarl or via Klapmuts (R44) to reach Fairview.

More than a 1000 entrants, one road, one direction, one entrance - what can possibly go wrong?

It is a tandem group, so we will catch them 6:07... 

Being one of the slow pokes in the TL group, I might not be arguing you to much, hooopefully we will reach the R44 before you guys come wizzing past us

Going to roll from EL on Sunday, busy week and a little sick. Should be fun

Did you guys get entries or rolling from Spice? I know of a few other "roofryers" also wanting to do that..

Anyone have a list of all the start times for all the groups doing the long route

putting in some assumptions

TL - 6:00

AL - 6:05

BL - 6:10

CL - 6:15

DL - 6:18

EL - 6:21

FL - 6:24