[Event] Paarl Cycle Tour

Paarl Rotary

This route and conditions was very close to Sportive #8.. There they adjusted with 4min and Beta 0.72 I think. I'm expecting more or less the same here.

I think guys in C did well to get a time so close to B, their seeding should improve a bit. Not expecting too much of a bump for us that rode in D.

Actually quickly did the calcs with the assumption that the winner's time is adjusted with 5 min and Beta 0,7.. then my seeding would improve with more than 4 index points. That would be great! But I think they'll adjust the winners time by more then, or decrease the beta..I don't expect such a big seeding jump

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes a Premier Seeding event different to other races? i always assumed that the beta is a bit higher than other events in order to improve seeding.

What makes a Premier Seeding event different to other races? i always assumed that the beta is a bit higher than other events in order to improve seeding.

The way I read it on their page was that with a premier seeding event that single event can count towards your total seeding index.

Otherwise the average of your best three other races (not premier seeding events) will determine your seeding index.

Whichever one of the two above is better will be used as your seeding index.

Not sure how they enforce this though. I've never had an average of three races determine my seeding, and the races they used for my seeding weren't always advertised as a premier seeding event. I just assumed if it's timed by Racetec it could count 100% towards my seeding index.

Edited by JohanDiv

The difference is that for "non-Premier" events they will add a penalty to the seeding index from that race specifically for your CTCT seeding (your normal PPA seeding calc is not equal to your CTCT seeding calc)

No change to the beta or adjusted winning time

Nasty crash in AL in last km. Anyone know if the guys are ok? I just swerved out the way of one of the guys going down.

Im very interested to know how these guys are going, I was to the right as they went down, the noise was terrific, we must have been doing around 55KM at the time, i got pushed into the gravel on the far right, if this crash happened when the Taxi and then the 4x4 where long side us it could have been very bad, not worth thinking about

Actually quickly did the calcs with the assumption that the winner's time is adjusted with 5 min and Beta 0,7.. then my seeding would improve with more than 4 index points. That would be great! But I think they'll adjust the winners time by more then, or decrease the beta..I don't expect such a big seeding jump

I'm sure it's just provisional, but they have used the following for the Paarl race as from the Seeding tab on the Pedal Power website:

Winning time adjusted: 2:07:09 (actual 2:19:12)

Beta: 0.9

Edit: wrong actual winning time initially

Edited by andydude

I'm sure it's just provisional, but they have used the following for the Paarl race as from the Seeding tab on the Pedal Power website:

Winning time adjusted: 2:07:09 (actual 2:14:12)

Beta: 0.9

Nicceee!! I'm up 2 index points and from D to C! Happy with that

Nicceee!! I'm up 2 index points and from D to C! Happy with that

Congrats! I think we did quite well in D, considering how few of us were doing work. Everyone came crawling out the woodwork in the last km or so.

Stoked to have had a safe, puncture free, and fast-ish ride on a perfect day, despite riding through 2 or 3 patches of glass

Congrats! I think we did quite well in D, considering how few of us were doing work. Everyone came crawling out the woodwork in the last km or so.

Stoked to have had a safe, puncture free, and fast-ish ride on a perfect day, despite riding through 2 or 3 patches of glass

It's always like that! Guys you haven't seen all race long suddenly wants to move forward to sprint in the final km. I was run off into the dirt at Sportive #8 that finished on that same road so this time I tried to go waaay to early to avoid that this time around, plus hoping 9 or 10 guys come with me so we can fight it out at the line with less people..but no luck, left me out to dry haha. Was it you in the Qhubeka kit?

That was me! I remember that move, you went like a bat out of hell! I think I bridged but I didn't snap fast enough and the group was on my wheel. I was also pretty tired of chasing everything down

That was me! I remember that move, you went like a bat out of hell! I think I bridged but I didn't snap fast enough and the group was on my wheel. I was also pretty tired of chasing everything down

Haha you had strong race! Well done! You almost got away on Voor Paardeberg Road..it took a solid rolling effort from me and three other guys to catch you again. My HR peaked at 202 and I had to fall back in the pack for about 20km just to recover a bit after that! When I moved forward again with around 25km to go I saw they were still letting you do most of the work!