[Event] Paarl Cycle Tour

Paarl Rotary

How are you guys checking your seeding? I can only see my index.

Also what would be a good index leading up to CTCT, and what group should a sub 10 index put you in?

Fynbrag!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you guys checking your seeding? I can only see my index.

Also what would be a good index leading up to CTCT, and what group should a sub 10 index put you in?

What is your age? Where exactly is Sub 10 index, 5'ish?

VA\VB\VC which is usually % or & seeded groups, alternatively they could see you in either A or B seeded groups for CTCT.

Fynbrag!

haha no def not me!

Was just asking for context as the Babse posting before me mentioned he was sub 10.

haha no def not me!

Was just asking for context as the Babse posting before me mentioned he was sub 10.

Haha just kidding. That should be low enough for an easy sub 3 Argus!

haha no def not me!

as milky says it depends on age cat too

having had index 5-8 last few years has only gotten me into @ (best of rest elite aged riders and vets if i remember correctly)

Can vouch that you worked your ass off in C batch as it was basically the 2 of us and 2 other guys doing all the pulling.

Always this weekend to try and get that 0.02 off again, see you at the sharp end of C

Thanks Bud - the work you did was invaluable with the 'working' crowd being so thin  :whistling:

See you on Saturday!

correct, got a 10

In the past A bunch was seeding index below 10, now it is index below 15. 10 might be good enough to get you into the racing group

I took my chances riding in C Batch, as the solo lone Savage with the rest crew dispersed between A & E Batches. Tough ride, tried to do as much work as possible and judging from the times & Fly By's we pretty much ended up with the exactly the same pace as B Batch, so for those poor souls who also helped drive the pace off the front of C Batch well done!

Unfortunately not enough to bump me up to B Batch as my weighting is is now 20.02 so alas, but 99er to come this weekend  :thumbup:

I was hoping we could catch B(might of been a bad idea) but after 40k I figured it wasnt gonna happen, was a real fun morning though  :thumbup:

I was on the turquoise Swift we really just just missed that crash #eina

I was hoping we could catch B(might of been a bad idea) but after 40k I figured it wasnt gonna happen, was a real fun morning though  :thumbup:

I was on the turquoise Swift we really just just missed that crash #eina

I forgot to mention about the crash... Nothing like your life flashing in front of your eyes right at the end of a hard ride like that... From the chatter afterwards it seems like each batch had a crash of some sort, and the majority were along the (relatively) straight R101... White Line Fever  :oops:

In the past A bunch was seeding index below 10, now it is index below 15. 10 might be good enough to get you into the racing group

Seriously doubt 10 is anywhere near enough to get seeded $ in CTCT. When the A group limit was still 10, you'd need an index of somewhere around 2 or less to get into $ (unless you're a pro or a junior - they get picked first even if their seeding is worse). Need to get a good finish (like a min or two max behind winner) on a hard race (high beta) to get that low of a seeding index. 

Seriously doubt 10 is anywhere near enough to get seeded $ in CTCT. When the A group limit was still 10, you'd need an index of somewhere around 2 or less to get into $ (unless you're a pro or a junior - they get picked first even if their seeding is worse). Need to get a good finish (like a min or two max behind winner) on a hard race (high beta) to get that low of a seeding index. 

You are right, I was confused with the other age seeded groups ( & and @)

For the guys that were really looking forward to improving their seeding but ended up not, I finished, as per Racetec 6th position & best time of the day yet it did sweet $%^& to my seeding.

Can't really expect your seeding to improve in a relatively easy race?

Hope you still get your $ seeding in the CTCT though ???? 99er would help much more I think!

trust me it is not, maybe if it was only Cape Town Based riders but once the up country Pro’s and very good non pros descend on the mother City then it’s who has the best seeding index overall, plus the visiting pro’s. The bunch has a cut off for the automatic seeding. 2018 I managed to automatically start in $ but not such luck in 2019.

I must admit I think that the index/winners time adjustment is pretty fair.

This race was way to easy and that was clear as 50 plus riders all finished on the same time. It would be unrealistic to bump all 50 riders seeding to below an index of 10.

This coming weekend will be your best chance to bump up your seeding at the 99er.