Black Friday & Cyber Monday Nov 2019

Slowbee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old same old here,  regurgitated old stock on sale for infants or giants...  or inflated retail prices to justify their "Sale" price.....

agreed.

I need to get my eldest an ipad for school for next year, have been watching the prices over the last month or so, every pre-black friday special up until 5 minutes ago was still at the normal price.

I'm hoping that at least 1 of the stores has it better on friday. Even R500 saving will help as it can then cover the cost of some of the accessories i need to buy with it.

agreed.

I need to get my eldest an ipad for school for next year, have been watching the prices over the last month or so, every pre-black friday special up until 5 minutes ago was still at the normal price.

I'm hoping that at least 1 of the stores has it better on friday. Even R500 saving will help as it can then cover the cost of some of the accessories i need to buy with it.

Out of interest why does it have to be an iPad and not any old Android based tablet?

anyone know about a good set of bluetooth headphones?

I lost a bet and need to pay up.

Some good deals on Sennheiser on Takealots Blue Dot sale...

Out of interest why does it have to be an iPad and not any old Android based tablet?

School requires it to be an iPad. All their software and "nannies" are ios based.

Doesnt bother me, I'm an Apple slut. Was just hoping to use the daughters existing iPad but its too old.

School requires it to be an iPad. All their software and "nannies" are ios based.

Doesnt bother me, I'm an Apple slut. Was just hoping to use the daughters existing iPad but its too old.

I'm quite the opposite...forced to use a Crapple Crapbook (my boss loves this!) at work and it drives me to drink....!

So who is buying what and where ?

This year it is a gravel bike and maybe some camera goodies.

MrsSlowbee wants a new kindle.

Will the online sites do better than the brick and mortar ? What thinks hubland.

Mr B, you find a good deal on the Kindle use please let me know.

agreed.

Doesn't Apple offer a discount to students on presentation of confirmation that the person is a student (letter from school, student card, etc.)? I know they used to do this in South Africa - may be worth investigating

Doesn't Apple offer a discount to students on presentation of confirmation that the person is a student (letter from school, student card, etc.)? I know they used to do this in South Africa - may be worth investigating

I did not even think of that, thanks will investigate

edit:

Called them. Only discounts available are to University or College Students.

Edited by ouzo

Mr B, you find a good deal on the Kindle use please let me know.

Amazon should have good prices on Kindles on Black Friday

Think I am being way over optimistic but hoping for discount flights to England. But other wise I shall  keep an eye open next year. 

Well the Germany Taxman in theory should be paying a rather hefty tax return but not sure how long we will have to wait for it.  We have been waiting for some time but it would be good if that payment would be in prior to black friday.  We are in desperate need for a new fridge/freezer combi and I have my sights set on a direct drive idt.  So if the right special jumps out at me I would like to be ready for it.

Amazon should have good prices on Kindles on Black Friday

Needing to find a friend in the UK - some of the good offers they are not shipping to RSA

anyone know about a good set of bluetooth headphones?

I lost a bet and need to pay up.

Needing to find a friend in the UK - some of the good offers they are not shipping to RSA

If you find a friend in the UK, these are probably up there with the best R300 I've spent. So much so that I've now got 2 pairs in case one breaks. Long battery life, waterproof, good enough sound quality, comfortable to wear. Basically everything you could ever want from non-premium earphones for R300. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=soundbuds+slim&qid=1574855710&sr=8-3