Lost my Garmin Edge 520 near parking lot of Eden Forest Saturday 23/11/2019

kentwilliams

Hello 

I have lost my Garmin Edge 520 device near the parking lot of Eden Forest on Saturday 23/11/2019 around 2pm.

If found please contact me on 0837055290.

Reward will be offered.

Kind regards

Kent 

Edited by kentwilliams

Good luck dude :cursing: . I lost mine at a local Audax a bunch of months ago, never to be seen again. Even put my name and number on the "start up" screen. 

and mine at the 947 with contact details also on start up screen.

Apart from the tether, there needs to be some improvement on the mount to stop this from happening.

Apart from the tether, there needs to be some improvement on the mount to stop this from happening.

That's why I've now fully switched to a watch. Only way to lose that is if my arm falls off!

What is it that breaks? I have a 520, you have me worried now........

Yes this is becoming a common occurrence around here?   My Sigma Rox also came loose and fell off at one of the water points at 947. I think someone bumped it (crowded) but luckily I noticed it was gone after filling up with cold water and when I searched for it I saw it underneath a table.  LUCKY!

What is it that breaks? I have a 520, you have me worried now........

the actual mount - or rather the plastic insert cracks. I guess with the heat and forces going through it, it gets brittle and cracks. Mine was just over 4 years old.

the actual mount - or rather the plastic insert cracks. I guess with the heat and forces going through it, it gets brittle and cracks. Mine was just over 4 years old.

Ok so I googled it and I see the little tabs break off. There is a mod thing from K-edge that you can buy. Not lekker. I will make sure to always use the little lanyard thing.

Ok so I googled it and I see the little tabs break off. There is a mod thing from K-edge that you can buy. Not lekker. I will make sure to always use the little lanyard thing.

I see K-edge have replacement inserts. Is there something else you found ?

"The K-EDGE co-polymer insert for Garmin ¼ Turn style computers is a replaceable item. While it is extremely strong, we designed this insert to fail on a significant impact before the tabs on the back of the Garmin break."

I see K-edge have replacement inserts. Is there something else you found ?

"The K-EDGE co-polymer insert for Garmin ¼ Turn style computers is a replaceable item. While it is extremely strong, we designed this insert to fail on a significant impact before the tabs on the back of the Garmin break."

No, that is what I saw.