[Event] 2020 Imbuko Big Five MTB Challenge

Gravel Travel Events

To those that have done it last year, a little birdie has told me they have added even more single tracks this year.

yep!!  :clap:

Some schmoooothhh downhill single track sections :thumbup:  :devil: will now follow the first big climb, taking riders all the way down to the Scout Farm and the famous Brooklyn Bridge :wub: !

Pics to follow....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yass  :clap: thats looks simply divine, Will we be able to ride it over December \January as part Wild Boar's Trail Route offerings?

Not part of any marked routes, but links up with the Scouts Trail. We can send the GPX file via email. 

Training Tip for the newbies taking on this monster, ride lots of Single track & lots of descents, your arms & hands will thank you.

Training Tip for the newbies taking on this monster, ride lots of Single track & lots of descents, your arms & hands will thank you.

Two more tips:

1)  Get over your fear of heights - you are gonna be up in the clouds all day long !!

2)  Service your suspension - riding that route with fork that in the first hour turns into a rigid, is not gonna do you any favors :-)

If I am still alive after my debut Attakwas 2020 adventure, I will definitely want to try this one out!

Two more tips:

1)  Get over your fear of heights - you are gonna be up in the clouds all day long !!

2)  Service your suspension - riding that route with fork that in the first hour turns into a rigid, is not gonna do you any favors :-)

Any tips on how to get free entries like you & Milky?

Promise to do my bit on here to keep this thread alive  :ph34r:

Any tips on how to get free entries like you & Milky?

Promise to do my bit on here to keep this thread alive :ph34r:

???? ????no idea what you are talking about ????????‍♂️????

If I am still alive after my debut Attakwas 2020 adventure, I will definitely want to try this one out!

This one will make Attakwas look like a walk in the park

Two more tips:

Hahaha at No.2 that could not have been fun for you.

Also if you are running XT brakes make sure they are 100% on hot day they tend to bind to the calipers.

One or other eager beaver has already started his climbing training, Dorstberg Repeats -Meerendal Wine Estate

post-3951-0-80165500-1576218139_thumb.jpg

One or other eager beaver has already started his climbing training, Dorstberg Repeats -Meerendal Wine Estate

attachicon.gifDorstberg Repeats.JPG

.......only now, pffff, knowing what I know from last years Imbuko, I have already started my hill training in May this year  ^_^