Garmin True up and training load

Jaco-fiets

Who else has issues with the true up function between 2 garmin devices? I have a forerunner 245 and edge 520. My TSS on edge never correlated to the training load after true up and sometimes it does not even take the edge workout into account. No edge workout contributes to the intensity minutes either.

Garmin says it is not a common issue even though the internet is littered with similar issues. I have done factory resets, reloaded workouts but still issues. They also take their sweet time to respond. Apparently tech engineers are looking into the issue now through  my connect account

Anybody here with similar issues or suggestions?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Have the 945 and Edge 520. Only the 945 takes the info for training load, the 520 never gets incorporated.  I have tried configuring through the app, also via garmin connect webpage to get it to work but it never has.

There are many requests on the garmin forums for this to be sorted for people who use more than one device.  Garmin seem to ignore these requests and I have given up trying to get it to work as I use trainingpeaks to monitor this.

Similar problem between Edge 830 & VivoActive 3.

Will keep closer eye as my feeling is it worked until I had to repair my Edge with my phone.

Have the 945 and Edge 520. Only the 945 takes the info for training load, the 520 never gets incorporated.  I have tried configuring through the app, also via garmin connect webpage to get it to work but it never has.

There are many requests on the garmin forums for this to be sorted for people who use more than one device.  Garmin seem to ignore these requests and I have given up trying to get it to work as I use trainingpeaks to monitor this.

Have you tried doing a workout on both edge and the 945 at the same time and then compare what what training load you get compared to the TSS on your edge?

Garmin's call centre tells me that the edge 520 does work with the 245 with regards to true up. I did a workout on the edge last night and got a TSS of 49 but after true up i only received a training load score or 22. I know Garmin used Firtsbeat tech to calculate training load which basically is their EPOC score, Obviously the calculations must be totally different. However if it was this simple i guess a tech person could have told me that and they would have not had to forward it on to one of their software engineers

Have you tried doing a workout on both edge and the 945 at the same time and then compare what what training load you get compared to the TSS on your edge?

Garmin's call centre tells me that the edge 520 does work with the 245 with regards to true up. I did a workout on the edge last night and got a TSS of 49 but after true up i only received a training load score or 22. I know Garmin used Firtsbeat tech to calculate training load which basically is their EPOC score, Obviously the calculations must be totally different. However if it was this simple i guess a tech person could have told me that and they would have not had to forward it on to one of their software engineers

Nope not tried and as i have said have given up with regard to it and monitor elsewhere.

It shouldn't be difficult to take the TSS load off your connect account irrespective of what device and update back to a device that you use for true up.  There enough reports on connect website with regard to load, training etc, so they collect all the metrics.