[Event] 24Hours Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The race for the win!

i'm sure someone with better excel skills can make this look sexier.

post-1830-0-87027400-1580906779_thumb.png

interesting i see former Munga winner Hein Visser found his tent at 3am and never emerged again, or did he do a final lap?

The race for the win!

24hr oakvalley 2020.png

interesting i see former Munga winner Hein Visser found his tent at 3am and never emerged again, or did he do a final lap?

Spoke to him yesterday. He got a puncture on the first lap (porcupine "spike") through the back tyre. Then he got another puncture on the 19th lap quite far from the start/finish, so he had to run the remaining loop back to the start/finish area. After fixing the puncture he got going again but once riding, he said his Achilles tendon was very painful, and his lower back muscles went into spasm. Attempting to run in cycling shoes while pushing a bike was obviously not a great idea. He decided to call it quits after that lap because he did not want to add another injury to his ever growing list. I'm not sure if he was in the lead at that point, could have been. Maybe somebody can confirm? He didn't train for the race and only found out about it last Wednesday.

Spoke to him yesterday. He got a puncture on the first lap (porcupine "spike") through the back tyre. Then he got another puncture on the 19th lap quite far from the start/finish, so he had to run the remaining loop back to the start/finish area. After fixing the puncture he got going again but once riding, he said his Achilles tendon was very painful, and his lower back muscles went into spasm. Attempting to run in cycling shoes while pushing a bike was obviously not a great idea. He decided to call it quits after that lap because he did not want to add another injury to his ever growing list. I'm not sure if he was in the lead at that point, could have been. Maybe somebody can confirm? He didn't train for the race and only found out about it last Wednesday.

Hein had led all day (after the pretenders faded), but was losing quite a lot of time per lap when he had that second puncture. I was on course to pass him on that lap or the next. He'd taken a tumble somewhere and when I did pass him and try to chat he was definitely suffering from a sense of humour failure - understandably. I think all this was at around 3am.

Meurant was loving the racing and was quite sad to see Hein pull out (even jokingly offering to give him a new tyre).

The race for the win!

attachicon.gif24hr oakvalley 2020.png

This is my graph of lap times vs moving time. The yellow line is how long per lap that I was stationary for.post-275-15809251743142.jpg

The race for the win!

attachicon.gif24hr oakvalley 2020.png

So I did this:

post-275-0-09293000-1581010565_thumb.png

High praise indeed!

I have loads:

attachicon.gifTime gap - Dane & Murray.png

Geez that really tells a tale. The gent in second was ahead by almost an hour at one stage - which is nearly 2 laps at your guys pace. Then he took a nap (mechanical?). Then he caught up again, then took another rest, then caught up again, then took another rest.. then just didn't quite catch up. Epic battle. 

Edited by NickGM