Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

forums,

If I open the notifications in a new tab then strangely enough it functions

This sounds like it could be related to cached files from the old site causing issues. Clearing our your browsers downloaded files should do the trick (you can leave cookies intact, just clear images and files).

Otherwise try pressing Ctrl + F5 on Windows or CMD + R on Mac to force a full refresh.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i get no notifications of a messge in this "chat "

why does classifieds have chat and everything else have personal messages - it makes no sense why there are 2 different systems and the one has no read reciepts.....

and more importantly the one that matters (marketplace) doesnt send me an alert when someone "chats " back ....really doesnt help i come here to trade not send personals to other people in a social way   :(

Don’t like the new classifieds. It’s limited functionality compared to the previous version, specifically the lack of option to read adds from oldest posted to newest. Oldest adds ‘disappear’ first.

I prefer reading classifies from oldest to newest and this option is no longer available.

No more SWAPS Category

You can leave the criteria open (i.e. don't specify a search term, just select a category) to still receive a broad range of alerts.

What category(ies) or searches are you looking for?

Can you please add a general search for "View All MTB Classifieds" as well as the rest of the categories respectively  instead of "View All Classifieds". 

It takes more time to enter each section, Bikes, then frames, then components then wheels etc.

I build bikes for a hobby or aren't always looking for only 1 specific item at a specific time.

We buy items (Ie: Bargains) whenever it pops up.

* Sorry if this has been discussed.

Are there two different login options now? Everytime I try to go into classifieds to make changes or an ad it wants me to login.
Won't let me use FB to login and won't send details to my email that I use.

Just my feel, I do not like it, can not put my finger on it, with the most recent classified that appeared first was a plus for me but we need to go through a training course to find out how and where. Just my 2c

Are there two different login options now? Everytime I try to go into classifieds to make changes or an ad it wants me to login.

Won't let me use FB to login and won't send details to my email that I use.

Currently there are separate logins required for Classifieds vs. Forums, however the details are synced across both accounts. Once logged in you shouldn't have to keep logging in.

There was an issue with Facebook & Twitter logins for which was fixed earlier this morning.

Not a fan of this new site. Already using it much less. Navigation ought to be quick and easy, not multiple extra clicks to get to a point. Classifieds is also clunky and and the order of filters not logical - why can't you just go straight to which ever discipline you want to, now it's bikes for sale > mountain bikes > etc etc. Old site was really much better than this - not just because it was familiar - this just seems messy.

Not a fan of this new site. Already using it much less. Navigation ought to be quick and easy, not multiple extra clicks to get to a point. Classifieds is also clunky and and the order of filters not logical - why can't you just go straight to which ever discipline you want to, now it's bikes for sale > mountain bikes > etc etc. Old site was really much better than this - not just because it was familiar - this just seems messy.

I have to agree with the above sentiment. The old site was a lot more user friendly. From a software engineering perspective (that's my job) the last thing you want is the user having to jump through hoops to get stuff done or navigate somewhere.

Ease of use is a big deal when it comes to UI and UX (user experience). Currently the UI is nice, but the UX is poor.

Hi

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but on the ads of something, it should be mandatory to insert a size. 

It's very frustrating to see a product you like, then have to open the ad to see it's not my size.

agree with this... too much of a mission to get to what you looking for.

The new site looks spif!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but isn't there a 'remember me' option for login?

I need to re-login each time when I go to the site.

The new site looks spif!

Sorry if this has been mentioned but isn't there a 'remember me' option for login?

I need to re-login each time when I go to the site.

I just logged in, with a tablet and the remember me function is there. Just scroll down, its above the sign in button once you have entered your details

I Just Received a "CHAT MESSAGE".

I CAN SEE WHO SEND THE MESSAGE BUT NOTHING ELSE.

https:/www.bikehub.co.za?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_header] New Chat Message from.... New Message from .... regarding 53T Shimano 10 Speed Chainring. Double. Price Drop[https:/bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/chainrings/9914/53t-shimano-10-speed-chainring-double-price-drop/?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chat] on Bike Hub. To view the message, click below: View Message[https:/bikehub.co.za/classifieds/chats/type/marketplace_item/item/9914/users/1064/5574/?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chat] View advert here[https:/bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/chainrings/9914/53t-shimano-10-speed-chainring-double-price-drop/?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=chat]