Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

Okay but why advanced search to find a topic?

I'd say title is the only thing it should try to match and then maybe after the first search you can select tags/key words to get preference

You shouldn't need to use the advanced search as the default "simple search" will search titles only. That was just in response to Shebeen's query.

I have just tested and note that a forum search from the home page is currently returning weird results as you experienced, we'll see what's going on there. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be awesome if each forum could have a feature similar to whatsapp's "media, links and docs"  feature in a chat, i.e. if you select a "show all media"  button, it shows only the pictures and vids in that specific forum. each pic or vid might even be hyperlinked back to the actual forum that contained the full text etc. Uses: I like just looking the pretty pictures in forums, i don't like reading much  :blush:  so instead of scrolling through all the pages in "best photos taken with a phone" , i can just use this feature to show all the pretty pictures and scroll to my heart's content  :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting signed out every time I revisit the site?

Same my side.

It seems to keep my session until I browse from my home PC and have to login there. Then when I come back to my work PC I have to login there again.

Same my side.

It seems to keep my session until I browse from my home PC and have to login there. Then when I come back to my work PC I have to login there again.

it is rather frustrating

I keep getting signed out every time I revisit the site?

Same my side.

Sorry for the frustration.

When did you start experiencing this?

There might be some conflict with the cookies. Can you try clearing your cookies for Bike Hub on your devices? Hopefully the next login in will stick.

Posted my first add on the new platform and it works well thanks.

Would be great if the image uploader used in the adds was also available on the regular forum format .... being able to upload multiple pics at once is great, and with the forums I am only able to upload one image at a time, and it get's tedious.

Posted my first add on the new platform and it works well thanks.

Would be great if the image uploader used in the adds was also available on the regular forum format .... being able to upload multiple pics at once is great, and with the forums I am only able to upload one image at a time, and it get's tedious.

Thanks for the feedback on the ad creation.

The Forum is due an update. But before we can touch it, we need to move Events and Stolen Bikes off the forum software and onto their own standalone platforms. Like we've done with the Classifieds. We're busy with this now. Once done, the Forums will get a massive upgrade.

Sorry for the frustration.

When did you start experiencing this?

There might be some conflict with the cookies. Can you try clearing your cookies for Bike Hub on your devices? Hopefully the next login in will stick.

Started yesterday from PC and mobile

Mine also asks me to login again from time to time, not sure if you have an expiry on cookies or something like that, but it seems like regular intervals I get logged out.

We're trying to pin-point the cause but some more information might help us narrow it down.

Are you seeing any patterns to the logouts?
How often do you need to login?
How long are the sessions before you're asked to login in again?
Is it only happening when device switching?

What device and browser version you're using when it happens?

You're welcome to DM me or get in touch through the Support channel.

We're trying to pin-point the cause but some more information might narrow it down.

Are you seeing any patterns to the logouts?

How often do you need to login?

How long are the sessions before you're asked to login in again?

Is it only happening when device switching?

What device and browser version you're using when it happens?

It is at intervals more than a week at least, longer than I can easily remember the last time, so will check here next time it happens to see if there is a pattern.

If I log in once when prompted, I am good till in a week or so, will see if I can keep track to see something more precise. 

It happens whether I use only one device or switch, not either on specifically.

I log in on 3 different computers, all windows with the latest chrome (Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit) currently.

i think it's every time you use a different platform.

ie move from a computer to phone - need to log in again on the phone.

move back to the computer - need to log in again on the computer.

Edited by Furbz

Is just me or do images zoom in classified not work in Edge browser, its fine in FF?

Edit: added some of the console errors ........ 

post-28252-0-43864600-1581514699_thumb.jpg

post-28252-0-82037300-1581514902_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karman de Lange

by not great, you meant to say uberdubercrapolicious

taking away the "advanced " search has limited things tremendously.

case in point, search for "dlamini" under "forums"

https://community.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

You get mentions in three threads.

put this into your browser:

site:community.bikehub.co.za/topic dlamini

and you get way more. 

in 2020, we have had google for like 2 decades now. SEARCH is vital, and in the bikkehub good search reduces duplication and timewasted looking for stuff, or even worse, not finding what you're looking for even though it was there.

I don't even bother with the current search function, just happy to use captain google like above. I know you (ie. bikehub wekkers) know this and trust you're working on improving it, but reckon the rest of the general hublic should realise how uberdubercrapolicious it is incase they didn't

Sorry, coming back to a point discussed a while ago.

Today again there was a new post with the same question or theme that had been discussed before.

The search function could eliminate this, but I mostly find people are too lazy to use the search function.

Could the "start a new Thread" wizard not auto search all other threads and come up with similar topics, while you are creating it. Basically the same as when you create a strava segment, it checks all the segments that are already on that stretch and asks if these do not already match your selection?

Just a thought.

Could the "start a new Thread" wizard not auto search all other threads and come up with similar topics, while you are creating it. Basically the same as when you create a strava segment, it checks all the segments that are already on that stretch and asks if these do not already match your selection?

Just a thought.

Yeah, good suggestion, we can definitely do that. But not on the current forum version.