Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

I have an issue with the top part of the site not being visible when viewing someones profile.

see the attached. i have scrolled as high as i can.

using the latest Chrome browser on mac.

post-19822-0-05510000-1609844526_thumb.png

Edited by Furbz

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an issue with the top part of the site not being visible when viewing someones profile.

see the attached. i have scrolled as high as i can.

using the latest Chrome browser on mac.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.00.00.png

Is this only occurring on profile pages? I'm also running latest Chrome on Mac with no issues. 

It's most likely either a caching issue or a browser extension (e.g. ad blocker) causing issues. 

Please try pressing Cmd + R while on the page for force a cache refresh. 

If that doesn't help try viewing the page with ad block or other similar extensions disabled.

• 1 month later...

Hey Matt, i can't find the clear chat button in my messaging gone missing.

How do i clear out my inbox?

Barry go to Desktop view

Now have a tick box along the right hand side

Select a number of messages.

Go the bottom, select DELETE.

Barry go to Desktop view

Now have a tick box along the right hand side

Select a number of messages.

Go the bottom, select DELETE.

Hey Chris, yes got that in my forum messaging but not in the classified add messenger.

It had it yesterday but today missing.

Hi Barry,

The option is still there bit it has been renamed to 'Archive chat' - this is a more accurate description of what the feature does. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 09.20.44.png

Archive chat (like the old "Clear chat") will remove the conversation from your inbox. It doesn't delete the conversation outright so if the other party sends a new message in an archived chat it will re-appear in your inbox.

Hope that helps?

Matt

Hi Barry,

The option is still there bit it has been renamed to 'Archive chat' - this is a more accurate description of what the feature does. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2021-03-05 at 09.20.44.png

Archive chat (like the old "Clear chat") will remove the conversation from your inbox. It doesn't delete the conversation outright so if the other party sends a new message in an archived chat it will re-appear in your inbox.

Hope that helps?

Matt

Hey Matt, 

Thanks bud sorted  :thumbup:

Two things I don't like in the classifieds.

When posting an ad it automatically enables offers (and I assume the service) through bikehubpay, I DON'T like/want this.

When I type Centurion it doesn't want to allow the ad but when I type 'cen' and then pick Centurion from the autofill menu suddenly it's allowed

The area was 'Centurion' spelled exactly the same both times

Sommer two other things

This thread is now in the off topic area, why? Will it be moved back to the recently posted list on the main screen of the site when you plan to remove the off topic section?

2nd

I posted an ad now for an item of which I have not yet had the chance to take proper pictures, it didn't appear in the recently posted section on the main screen, is this cause it didn't have a picture? Cause there was another ad for something similar in the same category but it appeared there? (it did have a photo)

Two things I don't like in the classifieds.

When posting an ad it automatically enables offers (and I assume the service) through bikehubpay, I DON'T like/want this.

When I type Centurion it doesn't want to allow the ad but when I type 'cen' and then pick Centurion from the autofill menu suddenly it's allowed

The area was 'Centurion' spelled exactly the same both times

Thanks for the feedback, some answers below:

By default new ads will be enabled to allow Bike Hub Pay offers. As a seller you're not obliged to accept an offer via Pay and, if you prefer, you can disable it when posting or editing an ad. 

When typing in the location selector, even if you type out the full word you'll either need to hit Enter or click on the "Centurion" that appears in the list to select it. 

What I'd suggest to save time is to rather save your location data in your settings. That way it will be pre-populated when you post a new ad.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/settings

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 16.01.41.png

Sommer two other things

This thread is now in the off topic area, why? Will it be moved back to the recently posted list on the main screen of the site when you plan to remove the off topic section?

2nd

I posted an ad now for an item of which I have not yet had the chance to take proper pictures, it didn't appear in the recently posted section on the main screen, is this cause it didn't have a picture? Cause there was another ad for something similar in the same category but it appeared there? (it did have a photo)

The announcements and support forums were excluded from the Discussions box filter... more an oversight than by design. It will appear in there now.

Only ads with photos appear in the Recent ads feed on the home page. Photos are a critical element on any ad and we felt this was a small incentive for folks to post their ad with photos upfront while keeping the home page looking good. 

Thanks for the feedback, some answers below:

By default new ads will be enabled to allow Bike Hub Pay offers. As a seller you're not obliged to accept an offer via Pay and, if you prefer, you can disable it when posting or editing an ad.

When typing in the location selector, even if you type out the full word you'll either need to hit Enter or click on the "Centurion" that appears in the list to select it.

What I'd suggest to save time is to rather save your location data in your settings. That way it will be pre-populated when you post a new ad.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/settings

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 16.01.41.png

The announcements and support forums were excluded from the Discussions box filter... more an oversight than by design. It will appear in there now.

Only ads with photos appear in the Recent ads feed on the home page. Photos are a critical element on any ad and we felt this was a small incentive for folks to post their ad with photos upfront while keeping the home page looking good.

Thanks for the response, makes perfect sense.

• 3 months later...

not sure when it changed, but the photos in classified ads appear as thumbnail pics only & unable to enlarge (browsing on  iPad (iOS 10.3.4) & safari)

6 hours ago, amr63 said:

not sure when it changed, but the photos in classified ads appear as thumbnail pics only & unable to enlarge (browsing on  iPad (iOS 10.3.4) & safari)

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I'll investigate the cause in the week.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Not sure if this is the right place but I can't see any of my own ads under the 'My Ads' button.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Are you perhaps running an ad blocker?

We've often seen ad blockers blocking elements on our site related to classified ads which could be the case here.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Are you perhaps running an ad blocker?

We've often seen ad blockers blocking elements on our site related to classified ads which could be the case here.

Normally, yes, but even with it off I can't seem to access any of my ads. This has only started happening recently.