Hope Pro2 Evo 9/10/11 spd freehub query

06rush

I built a set of MTB wheels at CWC in 2016 (650b Stans ZTR Crest, Cannondale Rush) with Hope Pro2 Evo rear hub. Was very specific on the hub being 11 spd compatible, which the guys at CWC confirmed.

Almost 4 years down the line and got my final pieces of the 11spd conversion kit (the cassette) and the hub looks like it cannot support the cassette.

The cassette is a 11-42 Sunrace 11spd. The hub - as I've said - Hope Pro2 Evo, is 34.8mm from back shoulder to the end of the hub.

I assume that I need to replace the freehub with an 11spd compatible item? Can somebody confirm the length of the 11spd freehub?

Will try and add pictures

The thing is - i ran a 9spd for the 4 years without a spacer. Now with the 11spd casette on, there seems not to be space for the last cog.

Not sure how to add photos to this post.

you need the 1.85mm mm ish spacer on everything 10 spd + mtb as far as i know. Hope did this so that their hubs are compatible with 11 speed road casettes which are wider than mtb ones by that 1.85mm.

if you cant find one...take one of the cog spacers from the old mtb cassette that goes between the stamped cogs at the bottom and put in behind the new casette before you crank it down. it works perfectly fine. a shop willgive you one for free...they have crap tons of them usually lying around because of the 10spd to 11 spd roady conversions etc. as long as it is no more than 2mm it will work fine.

They usually come inside the box with the new hubs but the wheelbuilders either loose them or the local distributors forget to ad them in the box when the swop the frehub from sram to shimano or visa-versa 

Edited by morneS555