[Event] Brewery to Brewery

Bianca84

Event Name: Brewery to Brewery
When: 17 October 2020 - 18 October 2020
Where: Greyton to Hermanus, Western Cape
Category: MTB

BrewerytoBrewery, from Old Potters brewery in Greyton to Hemel-en-Aarde brewery in Hermanus, got me excited as it offers sufficient mountains, many valleys, hills and rivers, all the way down to the Atlantic Ocean. The area, typography and existing Hemel-en-Aarde trails were almost begging for a daddy long leg route and a MTB experience that’s aligned to our objective and signature. Quite exciting; with multiple route options, unexplored territory, existing MTB Trails, all combined into a magic 85km route, from the Greyton mountains down along Hemel-en-Aarde to the coast.

It’s a well-known MTB saying that; The Route is King. It also true that the longer the route, the bigger the King; the longer route’s proportionally impact of the success and popularity of the event. The route has to match the B2B rider profile; a relax blend of open gravel roads and easier single tracks, matching an average rider fitness and skill level. Not forgetting a slight party animal that can enjoy a few October Beer Fest craft beers, the day before and race the following day!

Go to Event Page

• 9 months later...

Hi 

Anyone knows if this is still going ahead as advertised?

I know of a few people going through so I assume it will happen

Killarney races have started and there is a WP Cycling race this weekend in Slanghoek so events are starting up (+ the Trailseeker in Gauteng last weekend)

I am entered with a couple of mates - confirmed with organisers a couple of weeks ago - all seems to be going ahead as planned!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, the last part states 10km single track, from Onion house, is that the SAME last feeding station at W2W, and from there on its single track to the finish....

Will we encounter the same section at damwall down really steep gravel then a concrete narrow path next to the river or do we come to the onion stall

along the tar road and turn left onto the single track....

Is that single track do able for a gravel bike? 

Any locals around there have some input?

along the tar road and turn left onto the single track....

Is that single track do able for a gravel bike?

Any locals around there have some input?

Doable on a gravel bike for sure. But if you have the option of mtb and gravel the mtb will be much more enjoyable. I was also considering gravel until I spoke to some people who did it on gravel bikes last year and have said mtb is definitely the better choice for this route.

What/where are you guys doing/having  for breakfast Sunday morning - I don't see anywhere available (for that early)

Im sticking to my normal big ride breakfast, MOOOOOOslie and yogurt :-) so taking with me  :thumbup: