Aftermarket Rigid Carbon Forks

bobbejaan

Hey there,

Does anyone have experience installing aftermarket chinese bought rigid carbon forks on let's say, entry level to mid-range 29er frames...

What are the pitfalls of doing such an upgrade? are there issues with head tube or top tube angles to watch out for?

just curious as to the result of upgrading one of those aliexpress carbon forks on my 2018 giant talon 3... still an older BSA / straight steerer type frame..

Following...for a cyclocross upgrade...

Hey there,

Does anyone have experience installing aftermarket chinese bought rigid carbon forks on let's say, entry level to mid-range 29er frames...

What are the pitfalls of doing such an upgrade? are there issues with head tube or top tube angles to watch out for?

just curious as to the result of upgrading one of those aliexpress carbon forks on my 2018 giant talon 3... still an older BSA / straight steerer type frame..

Hey there,

Try RideFarr, they have one for a relatively good price - and they have local backup.

Hey there,

There are ways to use a tapered fork on a bike with a straight-steerer head tube IIRC. that will open options somewhat if you can go that route

Try RideFarr, they have one for a relatively good price - and they have local backup.

Do they donate straight steered as OP specified?

If so, I'd be interested as well.

There are ways to use a tapered fork on a bike with a straight-steerer head tube IIRC. that will open options somewhat if you can go that route

What he said. I used cane creek adaptor.

I have been using Chinese rigid carbon fork on my commute bike for about 6 months. So far so good

Sometimes, sometimes not, depending in where your headset sits.

On my Niner it is not possible which is a pity as I have a tapered fork which is no good to me.

What's the story? What should one look for, avoid...covet even!

On my Niner it is not possible which is a pity as I have a tapered fork which is no good to me.

Can't one find a tapered rigid fork?

One can find tapered rigid forks and straight steerer ones.

Avstraight steerer fork can always go into a tapered headtube with an adapter. Hope, Cane Creek and others make headsets that allow this.

SOME headtubes made for straight steerers can take a tapered steerer, but the bottom cup of the headset must sit below the head tube. I.e. the fat part of the steerer sits in outside of the head tube.

Some frames, made for straight a steerer and where the bottom cup is internal, cannot accommodate a tapered steerer as the fat part cannot fit inside the head tube.

Do they donate straight steered as OP specified?

If so, I'd be interested as well.

I remember reading about a straight steerer. Just give the a call...

Be careful. Some of the Aliexpress stuff is crap. Made really cheaply. Check their ratings.

And be prepared to have your credit card cloned also. Had that twice in the past 3 months

It mostly depends on the Headtube diameter. 44mm ID has external adapters, but a traditional 34mm ID straight head tube cannot be adapted.

So my old Mongoose fireball frame has a 44mm ID headtube which I popped the bottom cup and replaced with an external 'tapered' lower cup, but my old Niner Sir9 had a 34mm ID, traditional headset which leaves you with a 1 1/8th or a 1 1/8th........