Bluetooth speakers ?

johnson

Hi everybody.

Has anybody got some advice, pointers or tips for these things ?

I Want something that is portable and that can make some lekke noise.

I See Sony has a couple of models. JBL has has a Party Box 100 and 300. Volcano has a Medusa. 

???

Thanks.

JBL Flip series or other known music brands what you want.. volcano just does high pitched shouting and sounds terrible..

I have the JBL flip 3 it sounds good and has a battery that lasts..

Marshall Kilburn/Tufton if you want something portable (Have a Kilburn now for two years and love it).

Or

Marshall Stanmore for big sound, but not portable. Or even bigger: the Woburn...

Any of the Ultimate Ears models. Has a much more balanced sound than the JBL with the same, or better, performance.

I have had the UE Wonderboom for two years and the battery lasts as if it were new.

I want one of these, but alas, my ship has not yet come in.

a263dbe69de24748d2e1f2ced56df872.jpg

B&O A9

Yoh, cool

Price point on that puppy?

Hi everybody.

Has anybody got some advice, pointers or tips for these things ?

I Want something that is portable and that can make some lekke noise.

I See Sony has a couple of models. JBL has has a Party Box 100 and 300. Volcano has a Medusa.

???

Thanks.

My brother has the partybox 300 and I have the extreme. The extreme is old now and giving issues so I’m looking at a partybox 100. Almost the same price as the extreme but I like the mic and guitar inputs for karaoke nights.

If you not into the extra inputs then the new LG XBoom series is really good for the price. The PK7 is pretty much on par with the jbl extreme at almost half the price.It’s all about budget, application and sound preference.

The LG XBoom series has slightly better bass than that of the JBL series but the JBL is a little more balanced. If you didn’t hear the 2 next to each other though you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

The XBoom(RL4) equivalent of the partybox is not yet available in SA though so if you want a partybox the JBL is the only one I’d recommend. The cheaper JVC and no-name brands are ****.

It depends what you want from it and how much you want to spend. I have a B&W Zeppelin Air, which sounds amazing but isn't portable. Also have a JBL Flip 5 which is portable, waterproof and nice for taking on holidays. The JBL costs 10% of the B&W, so can't really compare sound quality.

I've got a Megaboom and a Boom 3. Battery life is great, sound is pretty good and pairing them is OK. The 2-up function where you pair more than one speaker is great for parties etc but is a little finicky.

They are super durable, get wet, knocked around, dropped and haven't missed a beat. 

Once in a while I'll strap one to my backpack and go a ride with music, it's pretty fun.

I have Bose Mini Soundlink for my travels, excellent quality with good base from such a small speaker. If it should ever pack up I will buy another right away! The Missus has a Bose Revolve in the kitchen at her little restaurant, great sounds from that too.

Guess it depends what you want to spend and what sound quality you want.  I have a JBL flip 4, which works really well for me and it has decent quality, I take it along on camping trips, etc. The battery lasts quite long and if I recall correctly is cost me just under R1400 at the beginning of this year

Not comparable to the JBL Partybox 100 you noted in the opening post, but the Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Portable Speaker at Takelot for R999.

Bought it last year after it was rated the best budget speaker by some tech magazine, i use it daily with my laptop and phone. Still considering getting a second speaker as you can connect 2 simultaneously, good battery life and its waterproof.

I see there is a newer model for a bit more

Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 for r1400