Santa Cruz Blur C Water in frame

MalDevs

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a brand new Santa Cruz Blur C. 

After every ride I clean the bike thoroughly, but it seems like water is getting into the frame. More recently, I went riding in the rain and noticed that there was quite a bit of water in the frame.

To drain the water, I need to remove the bottom screw fastening the bash plate to the bottom bracket, otherwise the water won't drain.

Is this a known issue with the Blur?

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a brand new Santa Cruz Blur C. 

After every ride I clean the bike thoroughly, but it seems like water is getting into the frame. More recently, I went riding in the rain and noticed that there was quite a bit of water in the frame.

To drain the water, I need to remove the bottom screw fastening the bash plate to the bottom bracket, otherwise the water won't drain.

Is this a known issue with the Blur?

have you tried removing the seat post and turning it upside down?

Known issue with all carbon bikes since they don;t have breather holes for the welding gases to escape like alloy bikes do. Check with the distributor and Santa Cruz if they will allow a small 2mm hole to e drilled into the bb shell low point to allow water drainage

How do you wash your bike, in the bath??

Hahaha, no. With a hose, bucket of water and soap, and other brushes and sponges.

Edited by MalDevs

Known issue with all carbon bikes since they don;t have breather holes for the welding gases to escape like alloy bikes do. Check with the distributor and Santa Cruz if they will allow a small 2mm hole to e drilled into the bb shell low point to allow water drainage

That's a bit more effort than just removing the screw.

The issue is while riding... If you do a race and your bike becomes heavier, that's an issue for me... Not to mention the BB might rust or take on water. Even though it's a sealed unit, I'm still worried.

My Scott 910 has a drainage hole.

The issue is that the frame has lifetime warranty. As soon as you do something like drill a hole into the frame, you void that warranty.

It is not a carbon bike thing, maybe a manufacturer :-)

Here is my 2010 Niner Air 9 Carbon with the hole

post-31289-0-13956100-1575988398_thumb.jpg