Assos FI.13 bibs - suitable for MTB ??

PjT

Hi all,

What are your opinions on these bibs?

I have an opportunity to buy an unused Assos FI.13 from a colleague for a very good price.

Are they suitable for MTB or more road orientated?

Would they work under a pair of baggies?  I am not a fan of spandex, haven't got the legs.  ;-)

Yes, just don't fall and rip them or even worse, fall, break your hip and have the Dr's cut them off you. Happened to a buddy of mine, the fall wasn't bad enough to destroy the bibs but he broke the ball joint in his hip. He said watching them cut his assos hurt more than the break.

It’s a very old design circa 2001. I’ve had a few pairs from 2001 and can’t kill them. The leg cuff is a bit old school without the silicone rubber on the elastic so if it’s a tight fit it can be a bit uncomfortable after many hours in the saddle. I’ve ridden a few golfers convention MTB races in them and the chamois is superb: comfortable and durable.

Still one of the best bibs from Assos. :D

Noted, thanks!

It’s a very old design circa 2001. I’ve had a few pairs from 2001 and can’t kill them. The leg cuff is a bit old school without the silicone rubber on the elastic so if it’s a tight fit it can be a bit uncomfortable after many hours in the saddle. I’ve ridden a few golfers convention MTB races in them and the chamois is superb: comfortable and durable.

Thanks, and seeing as it is an old model, how would you compare it with a modern Spez SL Pro bib?

Yes, just don't fall and rip them or even worse, fall, break your hip and have the Dr's cut them off you. Happened to a buddy of mine, the fall wasn't bad enough to destroy the bibs but he broke the ball joint in his hip. He said watching them cut his assos hurt more than the break.

Bwahaha!!

Noted, thanks!

Thanks, and seeing as it is an old model, how would you compare it with a modern Spez SL Pro bib?

Bwahaha!!

It's the S5 model - they are very nice, don't know how they compare to the Spaz. I have never had a Spaz before 

If its the FI.13 S5 then it has a broader leg cuff elastic around 30mm deep. This was added somewhere around 2008/9. The original had a 15mm wide elastic leg cuff.