South Industries #handgemaak carbon rims are now available online direct to customers

News bot

In an effort to better service our customers South Industries has launched a new ecommerce website. Local and international customers can now order our #handgemaak carbon rims and standard hand-built wheelsets online. We have partnered with key retailers in various regions to offer service and back-up to customers if needed. Our full product range will be available to view at these official South Industries Service Centres.

Click here to view the article

Nice rims and glad they are backing themselves with the warranty. Would have hoped that the prices would have come down a bit now they cut out the middle man but still good value overall for a local made product. On par with the likes of We Are One Composites out of Kamloops in Canada and (in my opinion) the gold standard of that segment of the market.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Got myself a set of these hoops on my MTB in October and although I haven't had a chance to do as much mileage on them as I would have liked yet, I am loving them.

They're 5mm wider internally than my previous rims which I really feel - seem to have a bigger tire pressure range, i.e. performance is less sensitive to tire pressure and I can of course go softer if I want.
Main reason I made the change is because I managed to break both my previous wheels in a minor fall and felt the upgrade to decent carbon rims (spoilt myself) would give me more reliable wheels. This was confirmed in discussion with my wheel builder and his experience building different types of rims.

The downside is I cringe every time I hear a rock catch the side of them.