Presets in Schrader Rims

Sbloomer

Is anyone successfully running presta tubes in schrader rims. I just bought my daughter a 26er ladies small, but it has schrader rims.

I run tubeless on my 26er and carry a spare tube, but I thought I could just carry one spare presta for both of us.

I have read it causes problems running presta in schrader rims. But others say they never have problems.

post-9363-0-30128000-1576222114_thumb.jpgIf you use a valve nut like the one in the picture.  The step sits in the Schrader hole and prevents movement.  I use it on tubeless set ups and it should work for a tube.

attachicon.gifValve.jpgIf you use a valve nut like the one in the picture.  The step sits in the Schrader hole and prevents movement.  I use it on tubeless set ups and it should work for a tube.

where may such a wondrous item be obtained?

I have. Had a set of rims with presta, drilled the hole bigger to use shrader(it is such a small amount anyway). Went back to tubeless presta with a valve that looks exactly like what David posted that I got from my lbs. No issues at all.

The reason I drilled was I was pressed for time to get the bike ready and shops were closed and needed to race the next day and only option I had available was a tube and non tubeless tyre.