Gps options

Nestus

I have the Lezyne Mega XL. Got it because at my age the smaller screens are hard to read. The Lezyne upgrades are a bit of a bit and miss affair though. If you on a firmware that works then don't update. They not always successful. They do however fix the bugs.

Other than that, I love the Lezyne.

Suggest that you consider all options before buying. I bought a Polar M460 (bike computer) and it does a great job but doing a gym session or running or swimming is better with a GPS on the wrist. I favour a heart rate belt for greater accuracy and one that you can also swim with it. You can always buy a basic bike one now and decide later if you want to go for bells and whistles if your needs change.

Suggest that you consider all options before buying. I bought a Polar M460 (bike computer) and it does a great job but doing a gym session or running or swimming is better with a GPS on the wrist. I favour a heart rate belt for greater accuracy and one that you can also swim with it. You can always buy a basic bike one now and decide later if you want to go for bells and whistles if your needs change.

I will only use the gps on my mtb.  I have a wrist watch with a gps but would rather have one on my bike. 

Try looking at the giant neos gps unit too. The cheaper one retails at around R1200

Giant Neos is around R2400, but looks like a good unit.

I bought the Giant Neos unit for Maritz .... Giant Durbanville TRIED, but could not get the bluetooth to connect to my phone .... got my money back and went for a Garmin.

WATCH .... I have a Polar watch I use with my commuter .... does the job !!  But I have to take my hand of the bars to read the screen .... and then the watch is to close to read ...  :ph34r:   Certainly not the watches fault that I suffer "short-arm-syndrome" , ie reading glasses ....

One more thing to keep in mind - TOTAL COST .... many of the "smaller/cheaper" units dont come with heart rate monitor nor cadence sensor .... not cheap by the time you have added these ....

Edited by ChrisF

Lezyne for me.

I have the Super GPS and I simply love it!

Honourable mention, the Elemnt - more stylish but the battery life does not come close to the Lezyne offerings.

I bought the Giant Neos unit for Maritz .... Giant Durbanville TRIED, but could not get the bluetooth to connect to my phone .... got my money back and went for a Garmin.

One more thing to keep in mind - TOTAL COST .... many of the "smaller/cheaper" units dont come with heart rate monitor nor cadence sensor .... not cheap by the time you have added these ....

I settled for the Giant Neos, stuggled a bit to get it paired but managed to figure out that i need to activate the location on my phone before it will pick up the gps and pair it.  Very happy with the device.  I dont have a heart rate monitor nor cadence sensor, so the device is perfect for me.  Was also the cheapest gps i could find.

One day when i upgrade i will look at something different with other features, if i need it then.