Port Elizabeth to J-bay and back

www.kkruger@gmail.com

Anyone that can/want to join me this friday or Saturday for a monster ride from Port Elizabeth to jeffreys bay and back....and on another note is there anyone willing to borrow me a roadbike(55_57cm)for the ride will return it in a clean condition and if anything breakes I'll fix it..I just don't have the money to rent one and riding my mtb for 180km will be super hard

Not the safest ride this time of year - even using the back roads.  But if you really have to then avoid the N2.  People use that shoulder as a lane

I've done the ride from Cape St Francis to PE which will take the same roads.

I did it alone and didn't feel particularly unsafe... I felt like nobody is sitting out there waiting to ambush cyclists because not many rode there.

No need to go on the N2 - just go out on Cape Road and keep going straight through Van Stadens, Thornhill, Gamtoos etc.

I've done the ride from Cape St Francis to PE which will take the same roads.

I did it alone and didn't feel particularly unsafe... I felt like nobody is sitting out there waiting to ambush cyclists because not many rode there.

No need to go on the N2 - just go out on Cape Road and keep going straight through Van Stadens, Thornhill, Gamtoos etc.

I don't think safety from would be muggers is much of an issue although there have been a few incidents in PE along the route suggested

I travel from Cape St Francis regularly, I wouldn't fancy that ride this time of year.

Risk vs reward.  I'm risk averse