Future shock

Slowbee

Hi All

So, we, I, myself and the others are looking at getting a Spez diverge.

However, what are the thoughts on the future shock ? Are the gimmicks or are they actually useful? I mean a second hand diverge pre future shock is way more cost effective than a newer model with?

But, before I go test one, I would like to know what hubbers think or have experience with.

I've ridden a gen 1 Future Shock on a Roubaix - so mostly on road but I can confidently say that I enjoyed the added comfort.

Far more function over gimmick of the previous Zerts inserts (imo).

Looking forward to an opportunity to ride the newer hydraulic version.

Would you say it is worth the extra few randela's?

Morning,

I have had a Roubaix with the first version of the Future Shock for 2 years now -  the new version of the Futureshock gets better reviews than the older one as they have doen some work on the damping etc. 

Personally i love the bike and the ride it creates - definitely works for taking the edge off of road buzz etc. 

I mostly ride road around the cradle etc where some of the tar can be bumpy. I think it makes a difference to the amount of shock transferred in to your shoulders which menas you finish fresher and feel less "beaten" by the frame.

I am turning 56 in January so not looking for an out and out race machine and position any more - its really all about comfort for me which is why i ride this bike.

Time to chat to the guys at the stellies shop for a demo Slowbee.

The local shop night have a demo as well to test, but I don't go there with high expectations anymore.

oh, there is a local shop ? :P

I will ask the guys at stellies for a test run - I am looking into getting the diverge comp.

Need to find ways to look after my back other than core work

Just wanted to know what other hubbers thought of it.

Thanks for the input guys

oh, there is a local shop ? :P

I will ask the guys at stellies for a test run - I am looking into getting the diverge comp.

Need to find ways to look after my back other than core work

Just wanted to know what other hubbers thought of it.

Thanks for the input guys

Would the future shock help with this? I have never ridden one but the way I am thinking is it would more help with hands and shoulders?

Am I right, it the little shock in the head tube area? So your handle bars can move up/down a bit?

Would the future shock help with this? I have never ridden one but the way I am thinking is it would more help with hands and shoulders?

Am I right, it the little shock in the head tube area? So your handle bars can move up/down a bit?

Not sure about the back part hence asking.