2019 Strava Stats

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Distance 13 100 km around 2000 km MTB rest on the road.

Elevation 204 000 M.

Will try to better the Distance but will try to halve the elevation.

204 000m climbing in Pretoria East? HOW??

That's massively impressive stats, well done!

Let me also join this: 2019

Cycling:

Distance 3,940.9 km

Time 160h 9m

Elev Gain 43,099 m

Rides 94

Was a good year, almost got to 4000 km and 50 km climbing.

Running:

Distance 192.9 km

Time 23h 4m

Elev Gain 1,561 m

Runs 37

happy with the occasional run and lets not get into swimming...

Edited by Gr3mlin131

204 000m climbing in Pretoria East? HOW??

That's massively impressive stats, well done!

Its Actually not to difficult, I live In Faerie Glen between Cliffendale and Manitoba avenue.

Then you have Solomon Mahlangu, WTF, Saints, Nkwe, Atterbury road (new tarred section) etc.

Took part in a 6 month challenge for most climbing and did 140 000 plus during those six months.

I am very happy with my 2019 stats. I only started riding more committed  in the second half of 2018.

All of the km's are on my MTB and most of them are off road.

Here is to a great 2020 for everyone!

post-144214-0-59057300-1579004946_thumb.png

Edited by gerriemtb

Its Actually not to difficult, I live In Faerie Glen between Cliffendale and Manitoba avenue.

Then you have Solomon Mahlangu, WTF, Saints, Nkwe, Atterbury road (new tarred section) etc.

Took part in a 6 month challenge for most climbing and did 140 000 plus during those six months.

Dirtypot:

So this is my year.  

365 day challenge complete.  

Started out the year doing a lot of riding on the trainer, then the trainer ate my carbon dropouts...  No more road biking for me.  From about May onwards I was only on the MTB outside in the wild..  In June I started the Uwe Koetter Rise Challenge (essentially climb as much as possible) and I did 168,000m elevation gain between June and the end of November.  There were some seriously hard days in there with being "forced" to ride everyday and climb as much as possible in a sustainable way to be able to do it all again tomorrow.  The whole of December has been recovery for me   :P

Highlight of the year for me was cycling all the way around and up Kilimanjaro.  Loved that.  

Started out the year with a goal of trying to get to 100,000m elevation gain and no plans to do the 365 challenge, so you never really know what the year ahead may bring.  

Congratulations Dirtypot and Cheese on the impressive results in the UweKoetter challenge

I think the Strava stats award will go to FrailK...he was very close to 20K km's in December.