Rockshox XC30 service

johanpre44

So I noticed a while back that my sister's Scott Scale 960 (2016) fork is really "sticky" (very slow moving up and down regardless of the air spring pressure). So I thought it's a good time to give it a service.

Was easy enough to remove the lowers from the Rockshox XC30 TK with Poploc (A1-A3, 2012-2015 models) and it seems the grease was very "sticky", obviously the problem. But to be thorough I thought let me just do the rest as well. Removed the air spring from the uppers (had a bit of air in the negative chamber which was a bit of a surprise, but easy to sort out).

The big problem I have is to remove/open the damper side to clean and add fresh oil to the Tk/Turnkey damper, but I cannot get it to go out more than maybe 10mm (can se the threads and maybe another 5 mm). Pretty sure I can hear an o-ring or something on the inside when I turn the 24mm top-cap, but other than that I cannot get it to move out any more. Any suggestions? Not getting too much from Google at this point.

Think I will visit my LBS on Friday, but if I can get it sorted sooner it will be great.

Edited by johanpre44

It's a remote lockout, always goes back to unlocked if not pulled by the cable, seems spring loaded.

Thanks for reply.