Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

As from all sides all stories need to be heard and judged properly. A question... the rangers don't know who this guy is. They see a guy running and they give chase.

What would everyone be saying if it was actually a thief who had stabbed a cyclist, stolen the cyclists clothing and was trying to flee undetected!

Make no mistake the whole story needs to be heard. What they did looks absolutely ridiculous. But if they had just let a thief go and find a dead body what would everyone be saying then!

I really hope he manages to get himself sorted out asap and all the correct actions are taken from here forward. A bad day for all involved. Absolutely no winners here.

Yes because your average bike thief shows up in full cycling kit ready for the moment

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bone that breaks easily.

Adding to this, this is definitely not the correct technique for that hold, and a broken arm / popped shoulder would be the only possible result of it being performed that badly.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Adding to this, this is definitely not the correct technique for that hold, and a broken arm / popped shoulder would be the only possible result of it being performed that badly.

Lack of training seems to be causing quite a lot of abuse of power.

Imagine if this was a woman.

Not a bone that breaks easily.

true for normal people, but elite level cyclists are known to have weaker bones because of the sport:

Included in this review were only a few studies involving amateur or low-level cyclists. Differences in bone mass were not found between the cyclists and controls when comparing with low level cyclists. However, studies that examined elite cyclists, or those training at high levels for numerous years, consistently found low bone mineral density in the elite and experienced cyclists.    

While it is managed, the aim is to go as light as possible for the purposes at hand, highest possible power to weight ratio. They not looking at impact resistance, much less sanparksproofing.

If you read my post clearly that's not what I said. I also clearly stated this whole situation is terrible.

Well if you read Donovan statement or listen to it on the 702 interview properly you would not write such a dumb post.

Lack of training seems to be causing quite a lot of abuse of power.

Imagine if this was a woman.

maybe the woman would have bought her entry fee, and stopped when requested when caught out.

I'm getting the distinct impression that there's a deliberate haze around the circumstances leading up to where we have visual footage. Handlebars being pulled, reportedly at high speed? It's very easy to pass out of hand as unacceptable, but it requires assumption that Dlamini did absolutely nothing wrong. but let's not forget he didn't have his entry permit.

maybe the woman would have bought her entry fee, and stopped when requested when caught out.

I'm getting the distinct impression that there's a deliberate haze around the circumstances leading up to where we have visual footage. Handlebars being pulled, reportedly at high speed? It's very easy to pass out of hand as unacceptable, but it requires assumption that Dlamini did absolutely nothing wrong. but let's not forget he didn't have his entry permit.

Nothing he did in the bike could lead to such abuse.

Not having the card is a petty offense and they could have handled it in a different way.

Nothing he did in the bike could lead to such abuse.

Not having the card is a petty offense and they could have handled it in a different way.

i never said that, nor implied it. That's wholly your interpretation,and i'm saying it's not a correct reading.

What i am also saying is there is likely more to this story than what the  video shows, and there has to be a proper accounting for all aspects. To prevent another incorrect assumption, I wouldn't weight them equally, but they are all important.

But at this point, it seems the emotions are centered around just one aspect of things. I personally prefer an appreciation of all truths of the matter, not just the more emotively charged aspects.

Edited by Capricorn