Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

As a roady you don’t need to pay?? Really!!!

Is that not the exact issue? Why should anyone pay? The trails were built by and maintained by the local mtb community with ( as far as I know ) little or no assistance from NPB. The jeep tracks were either built by locals in Noordhoek Valley long before you were born. The balance of the trails were built by current and past gov bodies. So following your rationale, why should I or anybody pay??

Simple, the moment you go through the gate you are liable to pay. End of story. Nobody is special!! Not even you

I don't necessary believe anyone should pay. Where does the money go - to fund the corrupt government?

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when a SANRAL official breaks my arm after I refuse to pay my e-tolls or get an e-tag, 

both of us “behaved terribly”?

This false equivalence argument is ridiculous.

Huh? No... you are reading what you want to. I said BOTH parties behaved like idiots and I don't agree with the man handling. BUT if you drive around their road block, refuse to stop when they ask and then continue to ignore them when they flash their lights to apprehend you, then you are unfortunately, behaving like a tjop and the officials will likely then behave like one in turn

Who is victim blaming?

i expect the response to be as nebulous as the witness account leading up to the dustup with sanparks.

"Possibly an attempted murder" [emoji15]. Yoh. Thats a bit rof. No question assault GBH.

This is dramahub. Here we exaggerate the **** out of every event and even equate thuggish behavior to that of rape. All in the name of making your opinion heard.

I think this spokesperson, needs to held accountable for blatant lies too.

I listened to the spokesperson on 702 yesterday and he reiterated that he was speaking as was told to him by Rangers on duty. He was not present and went out of his way to emphasize that an investigation must take place calling for anyone with information to contact him. 

I'm very disturbed by this "incident" but not surprised by it. Many in "authority" in SA, right to the top are just poorly trained and unsuitable for purpose, thugs. Essentially giving them approval on a cycling forum effectively allies to those who hate cyclists approving when they are run down seems, to me, surprising and strange.  But of course this is the SA where there is an element that has always supported "kragdadigheid" since dompas days, maybe earlier.

If a cyclist can easily get a road bike into an area where they should be paying, I happen to think the entrance is incorrectly constructed. I also reckon the penalty in that case should be the permit fee unless the authority can prove repeated transgressions as in trespass.

I listened to the spokesperson on 702 yesterday and he reiterated that he was speaking as was told to him by Rangers on duty. He was not present and went out of his way to emphasize that an investigation must take place calling for anyone with information to contact him.

Ate you sure that we are taking about the same person, the one who made the original comments was a Lauren?

If somebody must still tell a spokesperson what to say, then why have one in the first place? Sounds like a redundant position then? Maybe spend that money on ranger training?

Edited by Patchelicious

I listened to it as well. I am sure that if video evidence was not produced they would be sticking to the story that he had injured himself.

He did not come across well at all, refusing to answer Joanne Joseph’s questions.

He lied and that’s it.

Corrected

Edited by xcd

I expect that the Silvermine thugs will get whats been coming to them for a long time, its just this time they picked on a high profile guy and were caught on camera.

Already there are call for other mountain user groups to come forward to relate their experiences with this section. I expect there will be more incidents to answer to - but the evidence wont be there.

For me the issue is also with the management of the Table Mountain National Park, they recruited these thugs and have encouraged/ stood by this behaviour for years. Its likely that they will hang the thugs out to dry for their actions against Nic, but its the management who will hopefully be turfed out when the finding of the investigation reveals the other incidents.

Just to add some balance, I had wonderful interactions with the rangers and staff in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park recently - I noted to my friends how pleasant it is to be in the presence of SANPARKS rangers and staff who understand their interaction with the public. 

Ate you sure that we are taking about the same person, the one who made the original comments was a Lauren?

If somebody must still tell a spokesperson what to say, then why have one in the first place? Sounds like a redundant position then? Maybe spend that money on ranger training?

Ray Thakhuli, SANParks Acting Head of Communication 

http://www.702.co.za/podcasts/196/the-best-of-afternoon-drive-with-joanne-joseph/275789/cyclist-nic-dlamini-hospitalised-after-scuffle-with-rangers

I listened to it as well. I am sure that if video evidence was not produced they would be sticking to the story that he had injured himself.

He did not come across well at all, refusing to answer Joanne Joseph’s questions.

He laird and that’s it.

You listened to the interview and got that impression.

OK 

Edited by scotty