Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

I listened to it as well. I am sure that if video evidence was not produced they would be sticking to the story that he had injured himself.

He did not come across well at all, refusing to answer Joanne Joseph’s questions.

He laird and that’s it.

Laird (/ˈlɛərd/) is a generic name for the owner of a large, long-established Scottish estate, roughly equivalent to an esquire in England, yet ranking above the same in Scotland. In the Scottish order of precedence, a laird ranks below a baron and above a gentleman

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, watched it. I dont know what happened before. So i cannot judge. I dont jump to conclusions before knowing all the facts.

He was not resisting at the time and NOTHING that happened before can justify those actions.

Yup, for real, i will wait for full report then blame someone. As said, i have no clue what h appened before. So how can I judge?

Judge on a broken arm??????

Seriously?

You want the report to see if a broken arm can be justified????

Karmien DL. How could the minister do this without knowing the whole report? Hmmm?

Damage control. Cyclists as a whole have money, are often fairly affluent and a fair number of officials and high power people cycle and regard themselves part of the community.

I have been lied to by as many pro cyclists as I have government employees.

I have no reason to believe either party as to what happened in the lead up to the assault as both have a track record that can be called 'mildly dishonest' to 'downright hilarious'.

Government employees, pro cyclists and lawyers...... 

I'm very disturbed by this "incident" but not surprised by it. Many in "authority" in SA, right to the top are just poorly trained and unsuitable for purpose, thugs. Essentially giving them approval on a cycling forum effectively allies to those who hate cyclists approving when they are run down seems, to me, surprising and strange.  But of course this is the SA where there is an element that has always supported "kragdadigheid" since dompas days, maybe earlier.

If a cyclist can easily get a road bike into an area where they should be paying, I happen to think the entrance is incorrectly constructed. I also reckon the penalty in that case should be the permit fee unless the authority can prove repeated transgressions as in trespass.

But of course this is the SA .. ? more disturbing than the USA ? well trained cops.. more disturbing than 'I can't breathe - Eric Garner' ? have you seen the video?  do you know Rodney King beaten by cops... watch it.. Do you know what started the Black Lives Matter movement in the USA .. Colin Kaepernick NFL Quarterback kneeling cos of the teens shot dead by cops.. climb out of your car at a road block in the USA and you'll get shot dead.. run from a cop you are shot dead! maybe Russia and China too.. South America police aren't friendly either.... not personally attacking you or your opinion.. but the whole world has become a police state.. here many people drive home pissed after a braai.. get pulled over and pay a bribe... try bribing a cop in the USA.. just saying .. of course none of this justifies what happened to Dlamini.. I hope justice is served.

Damage control. Cyclists as a whole have money, are often fairly affluent and a fair number of officials and high power people cycle and regard themselves part of the community.

I have been lied to by as many pro cyclists as I have government employees.

I have no reason to believe either party as to what happened in the lead up to the assault as both have a track record that can be called 'mildly dishonest' to 'downright hilarious'.

Government employees, pro cyclists and lawyers...... 

I have been lied to by as many pro cyclists as I have government employees..

And have of course never offered a lie up yourself, you sound like you coming from a position beyond reproach ?

I have been lied to by as many pro cyclists as I have government employees..

And have of course never offered a lie up yourself, you sound like you coming from a position beyond reproach ?

Huh?

Why are you bringing me into this? It's relevant as quite a few people are bringing up the history of the Parks employees and government employees, suggesting their statements are untrue.

I am merely saying that historically, both Pro cyclists and said employees are just as dishonest as each other if we are going to start speaking in historical generalizations.

Anyway, I'm out. 

I will continue to believe that both parties are idiots and this could have been avoided by following pretty basic principles of respect for each other.

But of course this is the SA .. ? more disturbing than the USA ? well trained cops.. more disturbing than 'I can't breathe - Eric Garner' ? have you seen the video?  do you know Rodney King beaten by cops... watch it.. Do you know what started the Black Lives Matter movement in the USA .. Colin Kaepernick NFL Quarterback kneeling cos of the teens shot dead by cops.. climb out of your car at a road block in the USA and you'll get shot dead.. run from a cop you are shot dead! maybe Russia and China too.. South America police aren't friendly either.... not personally attacking you or your opinion.. but the whole world has become a police state.. here many people drive home pissed after a braai.. get pulled over and pay a bribe... try bribing a cop in the USA.. just saying .. of course none of this justifies what happened to Dlamini.. I hope justice is served.

Alll true .. but i have seen many recordings on the Tube (in USA and elsewhere like the UK, Oz) where law enforcement officers handled volatile situations extremely professionally,  its down to training, standards and checks & balances .. and management,