Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

I've never once called Don a liar.

Not once. I have called bull crap on the fact that 'he didn't know' he needed a permit and that 'he did nothing' and was attacked for no reason.

That's all.

I have no argument. I have said many times, parks are in the wrong. So was Nic.

No sides, they were both wrong to varying degrees. Nic came off worse but everyone is throwing him in this shining light of an innocent victim because he is a national treasure, WAS assaulted and is a cyclist, ie, one of the tribe.

A whole lot of the 'horror' stories involving Parks involve dog walkers without permits saying 'I've been walking my dogs here 20 years without a permit' bla bla or cyclists refusing to stop when asked or rogue riding.

Parks rangers HAVE apprehended real criminals. Quite a few in the last 2 years actually. A heap of poachers in the reserve, they were heavily involved in the apprehension of the guys who were causing havoc on the Silvermine south side and they have massively cleaned up Lions head/Signal hill. They did in fact break a few heads and were cheered. So everyone saying 'why don't they catch real criminals and do this to them'... well, they do and they have...

But it's the same argiment as the drunk driver saying 'There are rapists and murderers out there, go catch them and leave us small time indiscretion folk alone'... Should the cops beat you up for resisting arrest and failing to stop at the required road block then they will be in a world of trouble, just like these Parks guys, but if you then turn around and say 'They beat me up for nothing! I didn't know!' I will say yeah nah....

Man up, say 'I was drunk driving, got scared and made a bad decision which resulted in me being assaulted unfairly'... Much like Nic.

His assault would be just as unjust if he put his hands up, said he was riding without a permit, admits to ignoring their initial requests to stop (which resulted in the 'ambush') and then says 'BUT that doesn't justify the assault'... Sjoe.

Big difference to me. That's all I've said.

The assault is crap. It was unnecessary and idiotic. BUT Nic doesn't have to justify it. Don caught some of it on camera. That is irrefutable. Why does he feel the need to omit the events that led up to it instead of deny all wrong doing and feign ignorance and innocence despite that obviously not being the case?

From a guy who has been banned from the site twice, taking me seriously and telling me I am currently unpopular is rich....... :ph34r:

100% China.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here looking for more information about this story and all I found was useless opinions.

You are exactly right.

I came here to be entertained and amazed by people who actually believe that their opinions are valued lol.

If you want facts then you've come to the wrong place.

OK, I'll bite.

What side of this story could ever justify the ranger's assault as captured on the video ?

None whatsoever. But I think it’s important to get perspective from both sides to better understand what could’ve triggered the scuffle between Nic and the rangers.

I would be very interested to hear what you think we might hear in the coming weeks that would have us understanding the actions of the rangers?

For me it would need to be something like "Nic pulled a gun / knife on the rangers"

For you?

None whatsoever. But I think it’s important to get perspective from both sides to better understand what could’ve triggered the scuffle between Nic and the rangers.

I agree. I don't think for one second that they suddenly decided they were going to teach this guy a lesson and break his arm on purpose. There is more to what happened. As to posting a clip half way through an altercation you are certainly only going to see one side. I think personally that is a bad thing to do. It does not show the full story.

I've never once called Don a liar.

Not once. I have called bull crap on the fact that 'he didn't know' he needed a permit and that 'he did nothing' and was attacked for no reason.

That's all.

I have no argument. I have said many times, parks are in the wrong. So was Nic. 

No sides, they were both wrong to varying degrees. Nic came off worse but everyone is throwing him in this shining light of an innocent victim because he is a national treasure, WAS assaulted and is a cyclist, ie, one of the tribe.

A whole lot of the 'horror' stories involving Parks involve dog walkers without permits saying 'I've been walking my dogs here 20 years without a permit' bla bla or cyclists refusing to stop when asked or rogue riding.

Parks rangers HAVE apprehended real criminals. Quite a few in the last 2 years actually. A heap of poachers in the reserve, they were heavily involved in the apprehension of the guys who were causing havoc on the Silvermine south side and they have massively cleaned up Lions head/Signal hill. They did in fact break a few heads and were cheered. So everyone saying 'why don't they catch real criminals and do this to them'... well, they do and they have...

But it's the same argiment as the drunk driver saying 'There are rapists and murderers out there, go catch them and leave us small time indiscretion folk alone'... Should the cops beat you up for resisting arrest and failing to stop at the required road block then they will be in a world of trouble, just like these Parks guys, but if you then turn around and say 'They beat me up for nothing! I didn't know!' I will say yeah nah.... 

Man up, say 'I was drunk driving, got scared and made a bad decision which resulted in me being assaulted unfairly'... Much like Nic.

His assault would be just as unjust if he put his hands up, said he was riding without a permit, admits to ignoring their initial requests to stop (which resulted in the 'ambush') and then says 'BUT that doesn't justify the assault'... Sjoe.

Big difference to me. That's all I've said.

The assault is crap. It was unnecessary and idiotic. BUT Nic doesn't have to justify it. Don caught some of it on camera. That is irrefutable. Why does he feel the need to omit the events that led up to it instead of deny all wrong doing and feign ignorance and innocence despite that obviously not being the case?

From a guy who has been banned from the site twice, taking me seriously and telling me I am currently unpopular is rich.......  :ph34r: 

Who is omitting anything? Don posted what he observed. Nothing omitted. I don't know what Nic has said on the matter but whatever he said to Alan Winde and the Minister it has resulted in very swift action. You're making a whole bunch of assumptions and selling it off as fact. You continue to sell the actions of SANpark as justifiable because of what you continue to assume the facts to be yet say they went to far. so justifiable but too far...LOL (you being a popularist as always)

I won't lower myself to your level to bother commenting on your last statement.

Good.And what are you doing here to make things better?

Meet me for beer one day and I will tell you what I have DONE. Way to much to discuss here

But you don’t get the point. Whenever something happens in our country some will always say BUT in USA AND blah blah. I don’t live there and don’t care about their petrol price or egg price.

Full force of the law here, IMHO. And then, what sort of behaviour should be expected of a Pro Tour rider, wearing his sponsor's kit. Should his behaviour be found wanting, he should pay whatever price the team deems necessary in terms of his contract, which I'm sure has a conduct clause. Maybe forfeit a month's salary or whatever. Maybe the team owner can learn from this too. As they say, pride comes before a fall. Learning a bit of humility could be the best lesson for all concerned.

Who is omitting anything? Don posted what he observed. Nothing omitted. I don't know what Nic has said on the matter but whatever he said to Alan Winde and the Minister it has resulted in very swift action. You're making a whole bunch of assumptions and selling it off as fact. You continue to sell the actions of SANpark as justifiable because of what you continue to assume the facts to be yet say they went to far. so justifiable but too far...LOL (you being a popularist as always)

I won't lower myself to your level to bother commenting on your last statement.

Lower yourself to his level? Oh **** off ????????????

To all you “ Pro Park Ranger Supporters” please don’t hold your breath for the independent investigation the Minister has implemented before you make a decision. It could take a year or 2

With the results of Commission of inquiries and independent investigations in this Country I don’t have any faith in this one.

Take for example:

The independent inquiry into SARS by KPMG

The Commission of Inquiry into the Arms deal implemented by Zuma

The inquiry into the former acting Commissioner of Police Khomotso Phahlane which has taken 2,5 years while he is sitting at home on full pay.

The only way to deal with this is by opening a Criminal case against the Rangers for Assault with grievous bodily harm and let the courts deal with it.

A question to the “Pro Park Rangers Supporters” is :

How would you have dealt with this situation if it was your son ???

Not at all law abiding after constitutional court ruling.

Copperhead you may be prosecuted for assault if you physically slap your son around the ear. Rail against it if you like but you'll have to argue with Mogoeng Mogoeng (chief justice of the con court).

Hint - you won't win.

How Law abiding is that ???
Maybe you should go and read our Constitution

On another note, I do think that Dlamini must go for a bone density test. That actually broke to easily for me. I broke my arm and took way much force to break it. In many other sports limbs are subjected to all type of forces but dont break. Even soccer players dont break arms.

along that frame of thought ... could the arm maybe have been fractured from when he was pushed off his bicycle at "60km/h" and then under the force exerted by the ranger it broke properly?

along that frame of thought ... could the arm maybe have been fractured from when he was pushed off his bicycle at "60km/h" and then under the force exerted by the ranger it broke properly?

Good point! Never thought of that. Cyclists on general have low bone density, weight training would help.

I agree. I don't think for one second that they suddenly decided they were going to teach this guy a lesson and break his arm on purpose. There is more to what happened. As to posting a clip half way through an altercation you are certainly only going to see one side. I think personally that is a bad thing to do. It does not show the full story.

Another side of the coin ... how badly would they have treated him if there was no video footage being taken of the incident at all .....

Good point! Never thought of that. Cyclists on general have low bone density, weight training would help.

slightly off topic, I have been doing a fair bit of weight training myself over this December holiday period ... though I don't think beer, trifle and other bits of tasty treats equates to the same weight training you are referring to?