Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

And even if injury is caused by above, they'll still argue reasons why RAF is not applicable. :(

That's because Michael Debrigleo (sp) and all the other leachy lawyers have sucked it dry

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because Michael Debrigleo (sp) and all the other leachy lawyers have sucked it dry

Thanks for making me remember his adverts, just as they were forgotten.

Haaaaai I’m Maak DeBRO-Leo.......

Read again. I did not say it, oomkoos did. He imparted the pearl of wisdom about the rangers following instructions from management, and that hence management are culpable, not them.

That ranks as the stupidest comment on this thread so far in my opinion.

A team is always a reflection of leadership. If they are trained properly, led properly and supported properly, there is less likelihood of these type of incidents. Ultimately, when your team does something stupid, you put your hand up and own it, as it is your team.

Thanks for making me remember his adverts, just as they were forgotten.

Haaaaai I’m Maak DeBRO-Leo.......

They used to annoy the bollocks out of me

Road Accident Fund will not be applicable in this case. 

(Only if the injury was caused by another driver / car / truck, is my very basic understanding of it)

Well, it could well be applicable here. Remember there was an initial incident prior to the altercation and that is when the cyclist was forced off his bike and the resulting crash. Some injury may have been sustained at that point.

Whether the road is a private road or not is irrelevant.

Well, it could well be applicable here. Remember there was an initial incident prior to the altercation and that is when the cyclist was forced off his bike and the resulting crash. Some injury may have been sustained at that point.

Whether the road is a private road or not is irrelevant.

My understanding is this:

The eyewitness / person who filmed the incident said that the rangers grabbed Nicks' handlebars and that caused him to fall. After that fall, Nick was very upset and that is when he was grabbed, his arm broken and shoved into the back of the bakkie. There was no motor vehicle and driver involved or any accident that any of the credible sources mentioned.

There was ANOTHER cyclist who responded to a request to come forward with past incidents and said that the rangers ran him off the road with their bakkie.  

My understanding is this:

The eyewitness / person who filmed the incident said that the rangers grabbed Nicks' handlebars and that caused him to fall. After that fall, Nick was very upset and that is when he was grabbed, his arm broken and shoved into the back of the bakkie. There was no motor vehicle and driver involved or any accident that any of the credible sources mentioned.

There was ANOTHER cyclist who responded to a request to come forward with past incidents and said that the rangers ran him off the road with their bakkie.  

post-86413-0-64881500-1577805806_thumb.png

I wonder if you will feel the same way about the lawyers if you are paralyzed in a car accident?

I'm trying to understand why this topic is so polarising.

I am clearly in the camp of:

1st aspect = excessive force used, unacceptable

2nd aspect = nobody should be riding rogue

Then there is the other camp of

1st aspect = Dlamini acted like a brat, no wonder he got hurt

2nd aspect = he could have avoided it if he had just paid the fee.

The 3rd group, which we find in non-cycling forums:

All cyclist are arrogant brats, with their R120k bikes they think they are above the rules.

What experiences have lead us to land in these groups, allot of us seem to be dead set to remain in these groups...?

I met Nic and got his autograph, did that make me biased towards focusing on the atrocity of the impact of this on his personal life story?

I don't think I have a "right" to break his arm, but if he gets out the car to defend his filthy mouth, I'll break his jaw