Attack Beyers Near Cradle

love2fly

Just a heads up for Cradle cyclists....A (Road) cyclist approached me at Bidon Bistro just before I left for my ride at around 07:45 this morning (Saturday) to warn me that he was attacked on Beyers Naude' between the N14 and the left turn to Bidon (at the sattelite dish).

It apparently happened at or near the informal settlement that is adjacent the road (other side of the sewerage works near Avianto), that should explain where it happened?

Guy (thug) kicked his rear wheel in but he managed to ride away.

poor guy was visibly shaken.

My guess it's a random bit of opportunistic violent crime, ie a guy taking a quick and stupid chance, and likely under influence of booze/dope..... That road is quite busy with vehicle traffic....

Just a heads up for Cradle cyclists....A (Road) cyclist approached me at Bidon Bistro just before I left for my ride at around 07:45 this morning (Saturday) to warn me that he was attacked on Beyers Naude' between the N14 and the left turn to Bidon (at the sattelite dish).

It apparently happened at or near the informal settlement that is adjacent the road (other side of the sewerage works near Avianto), that should explain where it happened?

Guy (thug) kicked his rear wheel in but he managed to ride away.

poor guy was visibly shaken.

My guess it's a random bit of opportunistic violent crime, ie a guy taking a quick and stupid chance, and likely under influence of booze/dope..... That road is quite busy with vehicle traffic....

Thanks for the warning

I was wondering how long it would be before something happened there. How much longer until cradle becomes a no go zone?

Seems like this actually happened on the road from Avianto up to Kloofzicht....might have misunderstood...Either way, I guess its best to view any male locals standing near the road/track with suspicion