Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Slight drop in weight this month, so whoop whoop!

This right at the time where I have been travelling a lot, with 9 days in Johannesburg and Ethiopia, and another 3 days in Zambia, giving me very little time at home in the last 3 weeks to manage my own shopping and cooking.

It's been an interesting 4 weeks though, with our gym's 8 week challenge going. Overall it has massively helped me in making better nutritional choices than I normally would while on the road. I am also used to having a weight-loss challenge where the main aim is to just lose as much weight as possible within a given time. I am very much appreciating (and sometimes find it frustrating) that they are putting emphasis on a more long-term holistic approach to health. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on holiday and manage to keep the weight reasonable..... 2 weeks of the bike, and also sitting with a back issue. Googling every possible stretch regime etc etc.........The "bad" part of getting thinner is the clothes that needs to be replaced. Hope the savings on the junk food will come in handy there ?!?! Keep on fighting guys !!!  :thumbup:

Look at the exercises that yoga offers, the Hafa (Not too sure how to spell that) is a more relaxing and gentle form of the art. 

Stuff like the "dead pigeon", "baby cobra" and the normal "cobra" works very well for a back

I was on holiday and manage to keep the weight reasonable..... 2 weeks of the bike, and also sitting with a back issue. Googling every possible stretch regime etc etc.........The "bad" part of getting thinner is the clothes that needs to be replaced. Hope the savings on the junk food will come in handy there ?!?! Keep on fighting guys !!!  :thumbup:

February was good. Lost those kilos I put on in January, and was a bit harder on myself when it felt like I was slipping. Also got back on the bike last week, for the first time in a while. 99.8 this morning. 

Taking a laxie the day before weigh in doesnt count.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing a 14 or 21 day water-fast while on lock-down. Did a 7-day water-fast last month, but with the commuting it was difficult to extend it. Now I'm forced to stay home, thus a perfect opportunity.  ;) 

This forum has a wealth of info ito water fasting: https://www.waterfastingforum.com/

down just more than 10kg's in two months, staying off the booze and on the bike is sure making a hell of a difference

Me too, but I know that the next three weeks will have me off the bike and on the booze.....

I've been eating and drinking way more than usual and only riding once or twice a week since The Argus. Will have to dust off the indoor trainer now for the coming three weeks and maybe not a bad idea to try and bump the endurance fitness a bit with daily 2-3 hour rides on Zwift.

Better eating and drinking is going to be difficult, I have just stocked up on wine and still have a deepfreeze full of meat.

Daily routine is probably going to be more or less like this now: Wake up, Zwift a few hours, work for 3-4 hours, pretend to work for 2 more hours, light the fire, open the wine, braai, eat, slaap, repeat x21..

I'm close to the goal weight I had for last year's challenge :) Working from home can be a bit difficult for weight loss due to easy access to the fridge. This time might be different though, I'll try to ration my supplies so that I only need to go shopping if needed, so it's extra motivation to not overeat. I think it's also a good time for intermittent fasting. As for exercise, I have some home workout things set up like a pull up bar, so I can do a few every now and then and some push-ups, squats, ride on the rollers, etc.

I'm going to to be interested what comes out of this thread after the lockdown, especially if you're working from/or just sitting at home. Even for people not actively trying to lose weight. 

I'm sure I'll lose weight despite the amount of snacking, the world of IDT is new and kicking serious ass.

I'm going to to be interested what comes out of this thread after the lockdown, especially if you're working from/or just sitting at home. Even for people not actively trying to lose weight. 

I'm sure I'll lose weight despite the amount of snacking, the world of IDT is new and kicking serious ass.

Even on a IDT you can't out train a bad diet.. I'm living proof haha. Sitting 3kg heavier on 89kg. Braai, wine and snacks everyday of lockdown so far with around 2h IDT sessions per day.