Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

500gr up for the month. Couple of factors that caused this. Went back to work (this was good), can exercise between 6-9 (this was bad), had a huge cyst lanced on my back which is still open and draining (this was bad), then a over protective wife that whined like hell if I went near the bike (this was good but only if she is reading this, otherwise bad [emoji1787])

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit gained 2kg and i must admit i have lost my MOJO , for both training and eating healthy.........baby steps , this LD did not do me good at all !!!  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

I'm an engineer and like data and experiments. I race Vets.

So with lockdown and having no IDT, I started a 5 week couch potato experiment.  This kept my mind occupied and prevented me from becoming frustrated.

Before lockdown:

RHR = 51bpm

Weight = 76.5kg

Avg ride HR for Jan-March  = 140 - 145bpm

End of April:

RHR = 57bpm

Weight  = 81kg - really enjoyed the cheese and wine

Zero training!!

On the 1st of May I was back on the bike - started a fasted ride experiment.

31 May:

Weight 77.7kg, nearly lost a kg per week

RHR = 54bpm

Avg ride HR = 157 bpm

Biggest ah ha moment = to drop weight I've done only fasted rides in May.

- 1-3 May, 6th, 9th,10th just to get going.

- Then every Tuesday (2hrs), Thursday (2hrs), Saterday (2hrs30min), Sunday (2hrs30min)

- Only a cup of coffee before the ride - so I've managed up to 2h30min without any food, just a little water.

- I've never done this before and thought it not possible.

- I could repeat the next morning (Sundays) without filling up the carbo stores during the Saturday, but the last 30min was HARD!!

One is never too old to learn!!! 

Edited by Underachiever

So with lockdown and having no IDT, I started a 5 week couch potato experiment.  This kept my mind occupied and prevented me from becoming frustrated.

Before lockdown:

RHR = 51bpm

Weight = 76.5kg

End of April:

RHR = 57bpm

Zero training!!

31 May:

RHR = 54bpm

Avg ride HR = 157 bpm

- Then every Tuesday (2hrs), Thursday (2hrs), Saterday (2hrs30min), Sunday (2hrs30min)

- Only a cup of coffee before the ride - so I've managed up to 2h30min without any food, just a little water.

- I could repeat the next morning (Sundays) without filling up the carbo stores during the Saturday, but the last 30min was HARD!!

This is what I plan to do from now, too. I've hated the IDT and used it less than I would have liked. Now with the opening hours, it's not an issue. Green belt mid-day / mid-morning ride, here I come. 

This month has been filled with ups and downs. My weeks have alternated with days where I am motivated to exercise and eat well and ones where I honestly could give a rat's ass about any of it and proceed to be my couch's best friend and stuff my face with all things yummy.

Forgot to weigh this morning, might be that I know I'll be up because pizza is life and I've enjoyed too many treats this month, added to the laziness in the morning has overridden the desire to get up and exercise. 

93.4 this morning. Yoooowee!!!

EDIT: I've also amended my goal to 85kg. 

Well done! That's some solid progress you've made the last few months!

Me on the other hand... dropped from mid 90s to 84ish the first three and half months of the year, patted myself on the back, and let it slip back up to almost 90kg after the virtual 36One! Pulled it back a bit these last couple of weeks to 87kg. 

My training wasn't great in May, lost my routine a bit with this 6-9 thing, felt overtrained, and could not stand the IDT anymore after 18 hours in the saddle with the virtual 36One. 

Also planning now to just mostly do 1,5 - 3 hour fasted base mile rides at least 5 times a week in June starting today.

Me on the other hand... dropped from mid 90s to 84ish the first three and half months of the year, patted myself on the back, and let it slip back up to almost 90kg after the virtual 36One! Pulled it back a bit these last couple of weeks to 87kg. 

My training wasn't great in May, lost my routine a bit with this 6-9 thing, felt overtrained, and could not stand the IDT anymore after 18 hours in the saddle with the virtual 36One. 

Also planning now to just mostly do 1,5 - 3 hour fasted base mile rides at least 5 times a week in June starting today.

This. Me too. Starting tomorrow, though, 'cos my lightie is with me. 

EDIT: Eish, but I know that rollercoaster far too well. And thanks! It's taken a long time to get a handle on it. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Let me know how a 3 hr fasted ride goes, especially if you do 2 days in succession, and you haven't "carbo-loaded" for day 2.

slow progress here - WFH making a noticeable positive dent. there is just too much access to lekker goed @ the office, and obviously i have pretty k@k self control...... 

• 4 weeks later...

No real change but I'll get there, riding a bit more and building trail should hopefully help.

Beginning of lock down I was around the 84.5kg mark. 

Sitting at 80.5kg today.

Been riding 5 to 6 times a week so training has been good and for June we followed a restricted calorie diet with a couple of cheats (drinks and food) over weekends and added a recovery drink after rides.

More of the same for July but will cut a bit on the alcohol and longer weekend rides!

Before lockdown:

RHR = 51bpm

Weight = 76.5kg

End of April:

RHR = 57bpm

Zero training!!

31 May:

RHR = 54bpm

Avg ride HR = 157 bpm

Still same weight, but lost cm's.  I would guess lost muscle mass and increased FAT during LD.

Then lost fat, gained muscle.