Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

I'm still see-sawing between 84 and 87kg for the last three months now. Winter plus lockdown is difficult! Luckily we started working from the office today, so hopefully will get some routine back in my life now.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, before lock down I was 78kg @ 1,68m height. Fortunately, 2 months prior to lock down I purchased an IDT and got the zwift thing going. Was hard at first with a FTP of around 180 watts according to zwift. During lock down I have managed to quit smoking, weight went from 78 to 69kg and zwift FTP to around 220 watts. Built a new bike and went from 7,5kg to 6,85kg :clap: . Not much time on the road due to my chest, but the results have motivated me to try even harder. Currently working through the zwift training programs. Can't wait for this Covid issue to be resolved. 

93 kg this morning. so 12 Kg lost this year and 8 during Lockdown.

Started going for longer distance rides this last week. 180km Mtb riding the last 7 days. Longest Mtb ride in over 6 years today, 56km at Cradle Moon. Will push to 60 next week.

Bad month last month, coming out of it at 95 after experimenting with reintroducing sweet stuff. Let's just say I'll be keeping the ice cream for my lightie.   

As soon as I ingest sugar-laden foods, I shoot up in weight. I'd hoped that with like bread, I could start trying it again but it seems not. 

Back to the previous setting, this one doesn't work. 

Still 5kg down since LD started, though. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well under my goal weight, but at this stage I think it's due to muscle loss, haven't been working out much.

I am not taking part in this years challenge but keep an eye on the posts . My advice is dont give up keep doing what ever works for you . I had the bragging rights in 2018 as the best placed loser at 82 kg odd .  I carried on with my diet / eating habits and training for 2019 but was beaten and i ended up 4th . I have subsequently not really watched my food intake  but upped my  mileage and ascent daily . I do a minimum of 45 km and 500 m of climbing daily but have gone up in weight by 4 kg . I am much faster on average speeds and climb any type of hill with ease in fact i enjoy climbing more than fast flats . I only ride a MTB on or off road so am now looking forward to buying a lighter road bike . Im wondering what the advantage  with a 8 kg bike  , narrow tyres and 8 bar pressure in them will feel like . 

91.5 kg this morning. Was on a plateau hovering at about 93 for almost 3 weeks then finally broke through last week. Got back into some pants I last wore 10 years ago. Should break through 90 this month.

* The scale shows 5 lbs of fat vs 5 lbs of muscle. (+- 2.7kg)  QUOTE

100% agree , but it does not make for good reading on the scale but makes riding easier .

Edited by FirstV8

Last time that I had access to a scale was last Tuesday, so I'll just log that weight for now. I'll get back to being able to weigh from tomorrow, so there might be an update. My weightloss has definitely not been linear, so I'll see whether it's a good or a bad surprise  :blush:post-30678-0-18400900-1596446197_thumb.png

(The big spike in weight was last year September, when I spent a month travelling, including about 10 days in Italy with all the pizza and gelato. I definitely packed on a few kilos while there)

So this years diet has gone well terrible to put it politely.

so I weight myself for the first time in months on Sunday and I've put on 6kg, which is less than i thought.

the Lock-down and a pregnant wife's cravings where not my friends, but we are now trying again to lose the added weight.

So close to getting under 100kg, so close, but it just doesn't want to go bellow, hoping by the end of this month it will finally dip bellow 100kg

So close to getting under 100kg, so close, but it just doesn't want to go bellow, hoping by the end of this month it will finally dip bellow 100kg

I was the same and then boom it happened. Hang in there.

July was a good month! Nice to get fitter and stronger, longer days and good weather certainly helps.

Now just to keep momentum and I'll hopefully be in double figures by the end of the year.