Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Also hovering around that weight, but pants size has gone down almost 2 sizes, so happy about that, I didn't weigh in last month because I caught some crazy stomach bug, lasted 4 days, lost like 6kg in 2 days so it wasn't an accurate reading

Also dropped 2 sizes in my jeans. Wearing a 34 waist again. Last fitted into a 34 way back in my early 30's

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same my side. Back to a 34 from 38 but my weight is staying very much put around 104/5.

I recently had a spurt with fat burning which I can see physically but not on the scale. Harder training must be building muscle. Im currently at 71kg of muscle

My biggest worry remains visceral fat at a 20.5 level. Normal is what? 7-10? Worries me a lot and I feel like this is going to break down last.

In terms of diet i’m doing OMAD for two weeks on and two weeks off when i alternate between working from home and the office. Easier when you don’t see the fridge every day.

In terms of exercise i’m trying my best to do at least 100km on the bike. I know i need to introduce some body weight exercises. Will help to burn more fat I think.

NOVEMBER  :eek:

79.8kg (Nearly 5kg down from Jan)

Diet has definitely been the key for us (wife and I), making sure we eat right during the week with 1-2 cheat meals over the weekend. 

Plan for November is to keep diet and riding the same but add a bit of HIIT.

6 weeks then its beach time!

tenor.gif

Struggling to drop weight and I've been better at skipping snacks... 

I'm like a diesel engine, I can go on for ever but I'm very "fuel efficient".

Still trying to get to double figures by the end of the year.

I've found that the lockdown has helped in changing the timing of things. I can do a workout at lunch time (instead of after work) and then have what I would have had for supper at lunch time. I think this has helped with weight loss.

Oscillating around the +/- 82kg mark for the past couple of weeks.....the last is always the hardest to shake!  Would like to see a stable 81 by end of year.

Confession time. 

I fell off the wagon. Work stress, unwanted side effects of head-meds (resulting in me going off them over a course of 2 months) and other things I can't go into, resulted in me going from 93 earlier this year to a current 99.8. I've been hovering around the 99-101kg mark for the last couple months, and my weight has not been on my priority list AT ALL. 

That's changed, as of last week. A new position at a different practice, potential of far more opportunities within the new practice, and an overall better sense of wellbeing has led me to the point of being able to focus on my weight, again. 

My exercise has been non-existent, apart from helping people move house, and spending time hiking and riding with my lightie. 

I have a lot of work to do these next 2 months if I am to get back to where I was, 4 months ago. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Confession time.

I fell off the wagon. Work stress, unwanted side effects of head-meds (resulting in me going off them over a course of 2 months) and other things I can't go into, resulted in me going from 93 earlier this year to a current 99.8. I've been hovering around the 99-101kg mark for the last couple months, and my weight has not been on my priority list AT ALL.

That's changed, as of last week. A new position at a different practice, potential of far more opportunities within the new practice, and an overall better sense of wellbeing has led me to the point of being able to focus on my weight, again.

My exercise has been non-existent, apart from helping people move house, and spending time hiking and riding with my lightie.

I have a lot of work to do these next 2 months if I am to get back to where I was, 4 months ago.

Amazing how quick you pick it up and how slow it is to get rid of it. Too many pies and red bulls still hanging around my middle.

11kg down since beginning of July. 2.5kg per month isn’t too bad i guess. That means i have another 6 months of this to go before i hit my 90kg goal.

Confession time. 

Good luck Myles!

I've also gained a few kilos with all the work stress and uncertainty if I'll still have a job the next month every month since May. We are actually still on 30% salaries and things aren't looking up yet.. But I've made peace with it two months ago and started getting my sh*t together again, what happens will happen, nothing I can do about it until it actually happens. And I just took out a R3milj loan for a new house when this lockdown nonsense started. So, pretty much screwed. But hey, worst that can happen is they take my house and I start something fresh again. At least I still have my wife, family and health to be thankful for everyday.

My weight is back to more or less where it was in March, but still 5kg to go to where I wanted to be by now.

Oscillating around the +/- 82kg mark for the past couple of weeks.....the last is always the hardest to shake!  Would like to see a stable 81 by end of year.

I'm trying to drop below the 80kg mark. Was close on saturdays weigh in with the scale ever so slightly hovering a ball hair under the 80kg mark, but not convincing enough to be called under 80kg just yet.

I am also battling, at least under control. With my shoulder repaired i battle to do my IDT sessions my hand goes numb, and i am hurting....more frustrated than everything else. Then i think of the GI JANE movie with the following..... I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Then i dont feel sorry for myself any more!!!

So actually weighed myself this morning, been too scared to see how far back I have gone, sitting at 98.2kg now, not as bad as I thought, but still 1.5kg off my target for the month.

After my stomach bug I caught a cold, first time I have been that sick in ages, including the stomach bug I did not o cycle for almost 2 weeks, then my wife got sick as well so again, another almost 2 weeks of no cycling, and we fell off the wagon HARD in terms of what we ate during that time, but we are getting back on track now, hopefully we can still get to our goals by the end of the year.

Do you guys weigh in daily? I do now that i have the “somewhat smart scale”.

It does mess with my head though to see the graph going up and down a few grams every day. Then one day you just see a more significant drop. Kind of odd.

In think my biggest issue is medication. Damn easy to pick up weight and really hard to lose it.

It does mess with my head though to see the graph going up and down a few grams every day. Then one day you just see a more significant drop. Kind of odd.

In think my biggest issue is medication. Damn easy to pick up weight and really hard to lose it.

No, def not daily. But temperature, humidity, hydration, etc. All other things that affect how much we weigh

I am also battling, at least under control. With my shoulder repaired i battle to do my IDT sessions my hand goes numb, and i am hurting....more frustrated than everything else. Then i think of the GI JANE movie with the following..... I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Then i dont feel sorry for myself any more!!!

Maybe a good idea to see a doctor / physio :)

Daily yes.....keep me humble.......