Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Happy new year all!!

This is where it all goes down. Commute to work, log your km's and become a legend!

https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/41945837

Rules and general notes to follow!

As a new decade rolls round, so to, do the wheels and pedals of our trusty steeds.

2020 was record setting on all fronts. Unbelievable numbers were posted by some incredibly motivated, focused and dare I say crazy athletes.

No doubt this year will be the most competitive yet. Invite your friends, challenge your foes, its time to separate the pretenders from the pros!

Some house keeping for those new to the challenge family.

How to join the challenge

1) Download the Endomondo app on your phone. (Not essential, but makes life simpler)
2) Create an Endomondo Account - www.endomondo.com
3) Once you have an endomondo account click on the link below to the 2020 challenge and join.
4) Remember when you log your commutes make sure the workout is "Transport" 

Endomondo - 2020 bikehub Commuters Challenge.

The challenge is a personal one to track and challenge yourself to ride those extra km's especially on days when you really don't feel like it.

Can I ask that people do not track the following as commutes:

a. Training rides
b. Races
c. Stationary bike rides
d. Mountain rides

The challenge is a Commuting challenge for bikehub members   :)

What was achieved last year?
Link to 2019 challenge:

2020 Challenge:

https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/41945837

Wishing you a successful, safe and fitness filled 2020!

Commute safe, commute relaxed, commute far.

post-11356-0-27033400-1577951966_thumb.png

Edited by Imploder

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here we go again .... watch out Cat ... I am coming for you this year :P

Hairy, thank you very much for the challenge and believing in me.

The truth is that it got very hard to keep it up towards the end (I must thank you and Samson for keeping chasing) ... I can't see myself chasing the top guys again this year; I'm just too slow so the only way I could keep up was to ride for many hours a day, which was fun the first few months after JoBerg2C but is unsustainable in the longer run.

It will probably be a very competitive year and I think the 10000 km may be broken before 1 December. Of course I will give it a go, but I think your real competition is going to come from Samson, Zub and 1 or 2 other commuters - the question is probably who wants it the most!

Well since I am working Homeoffice from day one this year I will not even enter the challange.  The only downside of working from home in my opinion.

But surely you need to go buy your daily milk and bread or newspaper from the cafe 50km from home?

Edited by Hairy

Yesterday afternoon's commute was a wet one. Waited over an hour under the roof of a church for the thunder and lightning to pass. Then it was full speed for home but the rain caught me about 2kms from home. When I got to the dirt road, I live on a small holding with about 800m of dirt road as the last stretch, it was more suitable for a canoe than a bike or even a car. Cleaning the bike and wet kit was not fun.

Yesterday afternoon's commute was a wet one. Waited over an hour under the roof of a church for the thunder and lightning to pass. Then it was full speed for home but the rain caught me about 2kms from home. When I got to the dirt road, I live on a small holding with about 800m of dirt road as the last stretch, it was more suitable for a canoe than a bike or even a car. Cleaning the bike and wet kit was not fun.

I have only ridden twice this week due to rain. Last 2 days it has been raining on the way to work and yesterday we had a downpour just before I left work. It wasn't actually raining on the drive home but the roads were still very wet. 

I have only ridden twice this week due to rain. Last 2 days it has been raining on the way to work and yesterday we had a downpour just before I left work. It wasn't actually raining on the drive home but the roads were still very wet. 

It has been the same here in Potch. Seems that we are in for a wet spell up here on the Highveld.