Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Thanks LWB. Actually makes sense the way you have done it.

Sadly i swop bikes like underpants and would jsut frustrate myself having to cable tie the cable the whole time. But will definitely look into it. Thanks again 

sounds to me like you can solve your problem by buying a new bike, a dedicated commuter bike!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks LWB. Actually makes sense the way you have done it.

Sadly i swop bikes like underpants and would jsut frustrate myself having to cable tie the cable the whole time. But will definitely look into it. Thanks again 

Yeah that can be a problem. I have 2 bikes that I commute with but one is currently in need of some TLC so not riding it, I actually prefer riding this one so need to get it going again asap. I have 2 lights but the light in this photo is a lot bigger so I prefer this one in winter when the entire commute is in the dark. So usually this light is on the other bike and the smaller light is on this bike.

Commuter bikes are not bought, they are retired bikes brought back to life.

I used to follow that principle till I bought my GT Meatball at a really bargain of a price ... she was hanging at the LBS for so long, till they finally accepted my uber low offer :)

We have been together 4 years now, and done lots of mileage together.

what phone .. .sounds like a Huawei?

Nokia n7 plus whats been happening of late is my full commuting route is captured and recorded on the map but not the complete or full distance traveled,I get a message saying that GPS has been dropped for 5 minutes and I should check power optimization settings on my phone .I was wondering if there is a way to capture the km's lost seeing that the commute has been captured on the map.I have changed the battery optimization settings on a couple of my apps including Edomondo so that they are open  even when they are not in use so will see if this makes a difference this afternoon when I travel home any help would be great

Nokia n7 plus whats been happening of late is my full commuting route is captured and recorded on the map but not the complete or full distance traveled,I get a message saying that GPS has been dropped for 5 minutes and I should check power optimization settings on my phone .I was wondering if there is a way to capture the km's lost seeing that the commute has been captured on the map.I have changed the battery optimization settings on a couple of my apps including Edomondo so that they are open even when they are not in use so will see if this makes a difference this afternoon when I travel home any help would be great

It should be better. Had the same problem with my phone earlier in the year.

Hope it gets sorted, can be very frustrating.

The fence between the beach and the vlei was covered in spider webs, and with the light fog they were sparkling like Patch's sequin tie he wears on special dates.

I joined the challenge.

It's going to be tough for me to get anywhere in contention though because my commute is a whopping 9km one way.  And I've only done it once so far this year, but will try to be more consistent with it from next week.

Doesn't matter where you are on the leaderboard, you will soon find yourself chasing the dude just ahead of you or trying to stay ahead of the person chasing you. Welcome and enjoy, Dizzy!