Bike Hub 2020 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it's safe to cycle outside. At least my route has limited to no stagnant alleyways with coughing mafia groups loitering about. If that is however your commute situation, maybe you should revise the route for other reasons

Just make sure you all sterilize your bikes after each ride and you should be fine :whistling:what concerns me with winter approaching is when the roads are wet one has no idea what muck and bacteria is being sprayed up into your face/mouth and eyes from the road.

so i had to take the car on Monday and Tuesday. What a ballache.

Riding today and tomorrow and then out till Monday 23 March after the epic. Will see if i am still top  :lol:

Sorry to see you've commuted this morning :(

Sorry to see you've commuted this morning :(

thanks Cat-i. was a strange weekend, went from excitement to deflated, just like that. and now we wait to hear what will happen about the actual entry fee and so on. but at least i can still commute  ^_^

thanks Cat-i. was a strange weekend, went from excitement to deflated, just like that. and now we wait to hear what will happen about the actual entry fee and so on. but at least i can still commute  ^_^

I hope you come right with that entry fee and stuff's, not a nice situation to be in.

When did the race organizers inform you guys of the "Epic" cancellation?

Friday night i got an email (20:16) and sms (22:26)

Friday night i got an email (20:16) and sms (22:26)

Did it cross your mind at any stage that they might cancel? I can just imagine the huge disappointment you and the rest of the Epic riders must be going thorough right now just thinking of the huge investment in time training ,finances time away from the family leave from work etc etc anyway hopefully something positive comes out of this whole episode.  

Did it cross your mind at any stage that they might cancel? I can just imagine the huge disappointment you and the rest of the Epic riders must be going thorough right now just thinking of the huge investment in time training ,finances time away from the family leave from work etc etc anyway hopefully something positive comes out of this whole episode.  

i think deep down i knew it could happen following the recent events but one always hopes for the best. So will see come end of March when they decide the way forward

i think deep down i knew it could happen following the recent events but one always hopes for the best. So will see come end of March when they decide the way forward

Eish ...  I am so disappointed for your sake. On my side there was the recent cancellation of the Two Oceans Marathon. But there is also the possible announcement on the Comrades later? 

It's very painful. But I think cancellation of the Cape Epic far outweighs the other events. 

Sorry  :(

Sorry Man, Sucks. Had they cancelled the CTCT, I wouldn't have even bothered about getting or wanting my fee back and I wouldn't have even wanted a discount/free entry next year but with the EPIC it is a completely different story. It is not a cheap exercise at all and it is not just the financial side. I raced CTCT without really doing any training and I did 1 short race a month before. EPIC requires hours and hours of time and dedication.